“DoubleTree Aberdeen”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Check-in & out very fast. Staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant extremely expensive with small portions although quality was good, would advise eating out in the many places around the area. Good breakfast buffet. Only there for 1 night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin Howard M... E
Gavin C, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Martin Howard M... E

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It's great to hear your positive comments, especially about the staff. However, I'm sorry to hear that you found the restaurant menu to be expensive with small portions, as this is not typical of the feedback we receive, but I will review your comments with the Chef nevertheless. We also have a daily specials menu which our guests find offers good value for money, and hope you can try this on your next visit. Thanks again for your feedback.

Best regards
Gavin

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre

Reviewed 10 July 2014

What an experience! Dangerous room. Unclean ladies changing room in spa (floor not cleaned daily, same hair clips on floor there three day running and always littered with dirty towels on floor, so room not monitored. Food vouchers required to eat in restaurant to save £5, why not just give £5 off if you eat there, why waste time with silly vouchers! Wifi, again passwords given for free wifi, all on pieces of paper, waste of time. Checked in, told no room even though booked through their own number (apparently I spoke with America, surely their problem not mine!) then they found a room!!! Given room with adjoining door that was unlocked, no thank you. Given another, ok! First night there found faulty door on our room, could be opened from the outside (without a key) even though lock turned on the inside. Called reception, sent up 2 deputy managers. They saw the faulty door said they would get it dealt with in the morning and informed us now to put top lock on. No sleep that night. Reported to reception that morning to make sure dealt with whilst we were out. Went out, on return asked if door fixed, told didn't know, to check myself and let them know. Again could open from outside without key. Reported again. This happened every day we stayed, no-one knew what had happened the previous shift. 2nd night, didn't sleep. 3rd night drunks outside, lift alarms going off throughoutvthe night, again no sleep! On day we were leaving, checked out, offered 10% off. Explained door faulty, and dangerous and believe a bigger issue and not paying for the room until issue resolved. Paid for extras, food was ok. Manager rang once we were home, told me their managers did not see a fault, no fault to door, we'd been offered another room, he'd charged my card the full amount. This was all lies, the managers did see the fault, they did not offer another room, the door was faulty, and I stated when I was at the hotel that I did not give permission for anything to be taken from my card until this issue was resolved. I was told by the receptionist, that woukdn't happen! It took arrogant managers to call and tell me what I was, they don't care about safety of visitors. Eventually give 50% off room. It wasn't about the money, it's about safety. It's ok for your door not to lock from the outside, because they don't care. They are a joke. I finally request vat invoices to cover what they have taken, they tell me one figure, I explain £20 not included, I was told it was right. I receive my card statement and low and behold the £20 is there but not on any invoice. I email and they call and resend a correct invoice. They do not know their backsides from their elbows. I will never stay with them again, they offered me an open 12 month invitation to stay for 2 nights, even though I said I would never stay again. No thanks just fix the doors and make your visitors safe!!!! On business with family and young child! If I had been on my own I would never have known that the door wasn't locked when inside!

Room Tip: The day we checked in, another visitor threw his members card at them and said never again! Don...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MMMandMAMandDAD
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Aberdeen Doubletree City Centre. Although I am extremely disappointed to hear that you felt the room was unsafe, as mentioned earlier I have fully investigated the whole situation and can say that the duty manager offered you to move rooms which you declined. All our rooms as per Hilton worldwide standard have deadbolts operated from inside of the room and also a door bar / chain for additional security.
This was pointed out to you when you chose not to move rooms.

I can assure you the room in question was checked by our maintenance team and no fault was found hence the 50% off room was just an offer of goodwill for your overall experience. We at Doubletree by Hilton worldwide consider security and safety of our guests to be of utmost importance and at no point was your safety in danger during your stay. Once again I am sorry that you felt that way.

Regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree Hilton for 3 nights. The room was comfortable, the staff was very accomodating and gave us a worm welcome.
Highly recommended for a lovely stay by the ocean. We had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Gavin C, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear chelsy I

I'm very pleased to hear your comments, and glad you enjoyed your 3-night stay with us. Thanks, too, for recommending us on TripAdvisor, and we hope you'll return again soon.
Best regards

Gavin

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a great day. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean. The hotel is in an ideal location near to all amentities. Food was excellent and great breakfast. Will definately stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Gavin C, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Glad you enjoyed your Pamper Day, Linda F. We're very pleased to hear your feedback, and I'll pass this on to the girls in the Spa, and the rest of the team. We hope you'll have the chance to stay again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel whilst in the area on business. I was in a 'platinum' room, which was far from it.

My company were charged £240 for this room, which was just not worth it. For that sort of money I was expecting the room to be spotless and faultless. I found neither to be the case. There were broken fitments and bulbs out, cracked tiles and mouldy grout. The decor was slightly dated, and the bathroom furniture, particularly the bath needs replacing.

I got room service, delivered by a friendly staff member. My plate was too big for the tray, and arrived covered in tin foil. There were no condiments delivered with only salt and pepper being available. The food was greasy and stodgy.

The bed was ok; nothing special.

I didn't feel I got my money's worth out of this hotel. I left somewhat disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gavin C, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, and I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay in our Platinum Club. Regardless of the price paid, we aim to deliver 4-star service and facilities to all of our guests. We check our rooms daily, and I will look into your comments and make the improvements needed. Thank you for your comments about our friendly staff member, which is encouraging to hear, and I will pass this on to the team.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The chocolate cookie on arrival is a nice touch and we both enjoyed. We had upgraded to a Premier room as we like more space. We were disappointed to find a leftover tray from room service outside our room which looked like dinner from the night before including an empty Champagne bottle. At 3pm this didn't seem right. We used the spa facilities which felt a bit tired and there was no shower gel in the dispensers in two cubicles. Really disappointed to find the room service tray still there at 5pm when we got back but thankfully it has been removed by the time we went out at 6pm. The main reception area seemed very modern. Disappointed that I couldn't get the WiFi access in the Atrium without having to ask for a passcode. Overall our stay was okay but as regular visitors to Aberdeen there are better choices for the same price.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you sylviaed, for reviewing your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear you felt let down with certain aspects of your stay and I apologise if we have let you down on this occasion. I have shared your feedback with our Leisure Club Manager with regards the empty dispensers in the Leisure Club and also our Head Housekeeper regarding the trays in the corridors.

We do appreciate your feedback however, as we are always trying to improve what we do, and if you have the chance to stay again, I hope you will find things much better.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff in this hotel are excellent and willing to help. Our first impression was very impressive and the surrounding looked very clean. Moving to the room did not change our impression of excellence and the services were very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Richard S, thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. Its great to hear how impressed you were with the hotel both inside and the surrounding area. It is always a pleasure for us to receive such positive comments and I’ll make sure that your feedback is shared with the whole team.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Kind regards