“HOW can someone ever write that this hotel was great????”

DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is by far the worst business hotel I ever been too. A disaster. Old, old and far too expensive. I will never stay there again even with our company agreement. The room are hot and old, the breakfast is of very, very poor quality, the service is ok but everything else is wrong!

Room Tip: Change hotel!
1  Thank Jeremy m
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you jeremy M, for reviewing your recent stay with us. I was most disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your last visit. It is always our intention to make sure our guests are well looked after, and if we fell short of your expectations, I’m very sorry. We do appreciate your feedback however, as we are always trying to improve what we do, and if you have the chance to stay again, I hope you will find things much better.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight here with family. Lovely comfortable bedrooms. Used the pool and sauna both very clean. Friendly staff. Ate in restaurant for evening dinner and breakfast both very good plenty to choose from. Would highly recommend this hotel and will happily go back when in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear luvubecks, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, and its great to hear that you found the bedrooms to be comfortable and that the sauna and pool were very clean. It is also pleasing to hear such positive comments about our restaurant. Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regard

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is very modern and situated near the sea yet not far from the town. The food is mediocre but breakfast very good. Drinks were not pricey like many other hotels. Good fitness room facility. Taxi ride to and from hotel to the town center (Union Square) varied from £5.80 to £11.00. Being Diamond members, we were upgraded without us prompting.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Kishor M, thank you for reviewing your recent business stay with us. We are pleased to hear about your experience at our hotel and are delighted that we were able to offer you an upgrade this time. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive comments and I will be sure to share this with the whole team who will be pleased to hear them.

Many thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

very good hotel, good location, helpful staff. Only problem was they were not carful enough to collect the order for room service breakfast, although the request form says they will collect it before 3am. We were hoping to have room service breakfast which would have given us a little more time to leave the hotel to catch the flight. Admittedly, when I complained, they offered to send us a hurried continental breakfast. We refused and went to the restaurant instead. The girl in charge offered her apology for the oversight.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you windsorg, for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you like the location of the hotel and our helpful staff. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you raise with regards room service. I have shared your feedback with our Night Manager to ensure that this does not happen to future guests. My apologies for any inconvenience caused. I look forward to any future stays you have with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Having stayed for 2 nights last week for business I had no choice but to book at the Hilton. Way over priced for what you get in a standard room. It's clean enough but very small. I had my dinner one night in the hotel to which I found it very expensive for food. I also had to pay 20 pounds for wifi for my 2 day stay which is a joke considering it cuts out half the time. All in all I'm very dissatisfied with my stay in such a well sought after brand of hotels .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Scott M, thank you for reviewing your business stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay and I apologise if we have let you down on this occasion. I can confirm that we are in the process of upgrading our wifi and if you have any future stays with us I am sure you will notice the improvements made.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for one night while on business last week, Room was poor being small and looked on to the bar area with very little natural light. Hotel location is central and close to the seafront. Having to pay for WIFI in the room despite having paid £260 for the room for the night is poor in this day and age. Wouldnt rush back, being a regular visitor in Aberdeen there are plenty hotels that are better and better value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Gavin C, Operations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear David Y

Thanks for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton, and I'm disappointed to hear that you only found the hotel to be "average". Some of our Classic bedrooms do overlook the Atrium, and if you prefer a room with an external view, we can try to allocate you one if available on your next stay. WiFi is complimentary for all guests in the Atrium bar and reception area, and also for Gold and Diamond members of our Hilton HHonors loyalty programme. Guests who stay in our Platinum Club also have free internet for the duration of their stay.

Although disappointing for us to hear, we do appreciate your feedback, and hope we can change your perception if you have the chance to stay again.

Best regards
Gavin

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great hotel in a great location. Lovely bar area. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Really enjoyable stay. I got a good deal otherwise would be outwith my budget but delighted with the rate I got through their direct website. :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gemma C

Thanks, Gemma C, for such a lovely review and I'm glad to hear that the staff looked after you when you stayed. We always have the best rates on our website, so hopefully you will have the chance to book again soon.

Best regards