“Anniversary”

Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
montrose
“Anniversary”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here on Friday night on arrival to the hotel it was lovely, we stayed in room 405 which was right next to the reception and the lounge which was very noisy throughout the night.

The spa area was nice.

Like someone else mentioned the room had big windows which people walk passed so u have to keep the curtains closed on the bottom floor.

Would like to stay at this hotel but would not be happy if I got that room again.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in room 405
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you snarps, for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the location of your room and I apologise for this. I have put a note on your guest profile to ensure you are allocated a different room for any stays you may have with us. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you celebrating your anniversary.

Thanks again for your review

Hemant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times and at first thought it was ok, but have also stayed in other hotels in the local area and the doubletree falls behind them in many things. Firstly the rooms, I have been unlucky enough to have been put into one of the rooms that overlook the inside of the hotel, they are awful, no fresh air, dull, like a prison cell I imagine.
No free wifi unless you sit down at reception, come on why no free wifi ?, other hotels give free wifi so there is no excuse, just another way to fleese more money from guests.
The spa area is at best "dirty", not a pleasant experience at all.
Also, I arrived late to the hotel and checked in, and I was given a lecture by the check in staff that I should have phoned them and told them I was going to be late even although the room was booked and payed for, treated like a child.
So my advice is stay elsewhere, you get better value for money, free wifi, a window to open for fresh air and treated like an adult.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear davidheather40, thank you for reviewing your recent business stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay and I apologise if we did not meet your expectations.

Some of our Classic bedrooms do overlook the Atrium, and if you prefer a room with an external view, we can try to allocate you one if available on your next stay. WiFi is complimentary for all guests in the Atrium bar and reception area, and also for Gold and Diamond members of our Hilton HHonors loyalty programme. Guests who stay in our Platinum Club also have free internet for the duration of their stay.

I have shared your feedback regarding the reception staff, to our Front Office Manager to instigate further training with his team as this is not typical of the service we provide our guests.

We do appreciate your feedback, and hope we can change your perception if you have the chance to stay again.

Hemant

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

northern ireland
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Recently stayed 2 nights, booked 2 rooms, husband, dog and me in 1; mum, sis and niece in other. For £18 a night total we were upgraded to the platinum club. My room was 2 story, brilliant roomy sitting room with fridge and cloakroom downstairs and great 6 ft bed and bathroom upstairs. Loads of storage both rooms, great sea views and very comfy beds. Nice touches with cookies on arrival, free drinks and canapés, complimentary water and chocolates in room and best of all free wifi. Breakfast was included and was lovely, hot food was hot, lots of choice of fruit yoghurt etc. only minus the toasters take forever and need replaced. All in all a really enjoyable 2 nights. Some of the reviews on here had made me apprehensive but ignore them and book in!

Room Tip: Take the upgrade if available.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear boys47, thank you for reviewing your recent stay in our Platinum Club. We are delighted to hear how pleased you were with your upgraded room and glad you enjoyed the sea views from it. Its great to have such positive feedback and I will be sure to share this with our team members.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Sorrento
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Cannot fault the staff or facilities at this hotel. Location, so close to the beach, is ideal. We were, however, disappointed with the room. It was a Platinum Club Room on the ground floor, on the corner of the building. Throughout the evening there were numerous people walking right past the window. The front and side of the building are surrounded by grassy open spaces which are used by the public to access a play area and adjacent extreme sports centre. The room also suffered from lack of space due to it being adapted for diasabled visitors and consequently it had 2 bathrooms (one was designed for disabled access) The reduced space in the room was a disappointment as the bedroom area was not much bigger than a classic double room. We asked if there was another room on an upper floor but were informed that none were available. Unfortunately we did not get the benefit of the nice view as we could not leave the curtains open wide - for fear of being gawped at by the children/teenagers staring in the window. We had stayed at this hotel in a Platinum Club Room previously and were delighted with our stay hence the reason we returned. Regrettably, this recent visit has left quite a different impression of Hilton Double Tree.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear alisong305, thank you for reviewing you recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the facilities we provide. I will be sure to share your kind words about the team members with them, they will be pleased to hear that.

We are disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the room allocated to you and I am sorry that we were unable to move you to another room, due to there being none available. I would be grateful if your could contact our Administrator, Yvonne Gillespie on yvonne.gillespie@hilton.com with details of your stay and she will have your guest profile updated with your preference for a room on a higher floor for any future stays you book in the Platinum Club.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A very enjoyable weekend stay at the Double Trees hotel. Situated next to the beach and near the town centre it was ideal. We originally booked for 2 nights but booked an extra night as it was so good. The hotel was comfortable, the staff were attentive and the food was excellent. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Ellen L, for reviewing your weekend stay at DoubleTree by Hilton. It is always a pleasure to know when our team have met our guests expectations, and they would like to return. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

aberdeenshire,scotland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on 19th July. We chose this hotel based on the location as it was near a venue we were attending.
The hotel is very dated and the room we had was very very dated. No air conditioning, the room was extremely hot it was unbearable to sleep in. Had we known there was a tiny fan in the wardrobe that might have helped a bit.
The bathroom well although it was clean it was dated and no face cloths also there was a step up into the bathroom from the main bedroom, why? I have no idea seems a bit of a safety issue if you get up in middle of night and forget about the step.
Can't comment on breakfast as we wanted to leave early to get some fresh air.
Definitely not 4 star hotel and would not return in a hurry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear groovymama72, thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that you felt the room and bathroom were dated and I apologise if we did not meet your expectations. With regards the air con in the rooms, like most of the hotels in Scotland we have no air conditioning as its not needed, however I agree that the weather lately has been exceptionally warm and I am sorry for any inconvenience this many have caused during your stay.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is by far the worst business hotel I ever been too. A disaster. Old, old and far too expensive. I will never stay there again even with our company agreement. The room are hot and old, the breakfast is of very, very poor quality, the service is ok but everything else is wrong!

Room Tip: Change hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jeremy M
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you jeremy M, for reviewing your recent stay with us. I was most disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your last visit. It is always our intention to make sure our guests are well looked after, and if we fell short of your expectations, I’m very sorry. We do appreciate your feedback however, as we are always trying to improve what we do, and if you have the chance to stay again, I hope you will find things much better.