“Great Location For Me”

Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Location For Me”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Lovely Hotel, stayed here several times, i always stay in the Platnium suite which is in a different building and has a car park also, staff have always been friendly there is a small gym and pool which i have used on accassions, the location is what does it for me as 2 mins walk you are at beach, there is also plenty eating places franky and bennys chiquito tgi,s there is a cinema also and behing all the eatery is a small retail park where there is asda pets at home etc etc, there is a samm amusement area and also a place to play the penny machines fish and chip chops then there is the beach there is parking spaces right along the front can get busy at times every time we are in aberdeen we always stay here well done

Room Tip: i like the platnium rooms lovely big bed 42 ins plasma tv house coat slippers free soft drinks in fr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Jeanie160, thank you for sharing you recent experience with TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy the location of the hotel, with its many amenities close by and also its proximity to the beach. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to share this with the team members.

Thanks again for your review.

Hemant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
NR Berwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay for a friends wedding however we thought breakfast was included when we booked but when we checked in the morning at reception it wasn't included. so I would just double check when booking.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Emma T, thank you for reviewing your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay for your friends wedding. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed to learn that breakfast wasn’t included in your room rate. Our rates for rooms vary depending on what you book, some rates are room only and some do include breakfast and dinner.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Scotland
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent stay at this hotel. Very cleanrooms and bathrooms, excellent breakfasts, but best of all is the amazing staff who cannot do enough to help you enjoy your stay. Any request was dealt with immediately in a friendly and courteous manner. Hotel is just an easy 10 minute stroll from city centre and close to the beach and promenade

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear MORRISON150, thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton. It is always a pleasure to know when our team members have met our guests expectations.

Thanks again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A good hotel, especially for the price. The reception area is nice and spacious. The rooms however are a little small and a little dated. However for the price I'm really not complaining. The leisure facilities were okay - sauna, steam room, pool & gym. The warm cookies on arrival as everyone says were a nice treat. The staff were excellent and check in and out quick and seamless. The hotel is quite close to Union Street and all in all an excellent base to explore. And of course you're only stone throws distance from the beach!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear CptHowdy, thank you for reviewing your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and you found the location an excellent base to explore. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I will be sure to share this with the whole team who will be pleased to hear that.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very good sy in this hotel for a friends wedding. the hotel were very accomodating to room changes and ensuring room availability. the rooms were very comfortable, clean with great facilities. the staff were very friendly and always helpful to any questions/requests. food was good. spa facilities were also very good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Katie N, thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am extremely pleased to read that your stay was very good and particularly that my team made it even more special through the friendly and helpful service they provided with you.

Thanks again for your review.

Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

As we were attending a family wedding, we took advantage of the special room rate for wedding guests. We were not alone in thinking that the deal included breakfast. However, when we discovered that it didn't, we decided to have breakfast anyway. The food was excellent but the service was disappointing, considering that they charge £14.95 per person.

Although we were allocated a table, we had to ask for cutlery. I had to go and find someone, to order tea/coffee; when it eventually arrived we were poured one small cup each...and not offered a top up. Guests at next table received a large cup of tea/coffee each, yet another table received a pot of tea/coffee each. Because of the delay in the delivery of our beverages, I went to the self-service area to get some water/juice but not a glass in sight....as there were no staff members to hand, I resorted to taking a class from an unoccupied table. The hot food buffet offered a wide range of well cooked items, which were well presented and the area was clean & tidy. There were scrabbled eggs and a notice saying that fried, poached or boiled eggs could be ordered...but no one to take your order? I did inform the hotel that my wife required a gluten free diet, when I booked our room. Although she was given gluten free alternatives at the wedding reception, there were none provided at breakfast.

On the whole we enjoyed the wedding and our overnight stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. Bar service was friendly & efficient...but at those prices I would expect this.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear MearnsMan2013, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable overnight stay and that you found your room clean and comfortable.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you raise regarding the service at breakfast. I have shared your feedback with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager who will carry out further training with their team. Again, my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for your feedback.

Cumbernauld, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Impressed with reception since it was our anniversary they upgraded us however the shower controls were poor couldn't turn off the shower had to phone twice in the two days we stayed to get them to turn off the water
The restaurant I am sorry to say the food/ service was terrible I couldn't eat my beef entrée and on the second night the fish was dry I had to go up to the reception and ask for a menu for the sweet

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hemant M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you Joe M, for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear you did not have a great experience and I apologise if we have let you down on this occasion. I will ensure that our maintenance team look in the issue regarding the problem with the shower.

With regards your restaurant experience, please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you raise as this is not typical of the service we offer. I have shared your feedback with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager to instigate further training with their team and I am sorry for any inconvenience this many have caused.

Thanks again for your feedback.