“Pleased with my choice”

Ranked #46 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Pleased with my choice”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was a bit of a random choice which turned out very well indeed as by coincidence it was in the same street as an elderly relative I wished to visit. First class room (15) with a separate seating area - a mini suite I suppose. The en-suite was really a wet room and I have not experienced this in an hotel before - not sure if I liked it - but that is only a minor quibble. We had our evening meal in the hotel restaurant and it was very good, well cooked and served promptly by friendly staff. Breakfast was first class and again the staff were very good. The public rooms in the hotel were undergoing a major refurbishment which appeared to be nearing completion and looked to be a splendid job. Yes it is under the airport flight path but that did not detract in any way from our stay and its proximity to the airport could be an advantage. All in all and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Garve, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellant value for money especially for Aberdeen. Only stayed the one night but very impressed. Room was clean well kept and had all facilities required. Car parking easy and plentiful. Close to airport. Check in, bar and breakfast service very good by friendly staff. Due to commitments was unable to sample restauarant but menu looked good and if at same standard as breakfast I am sure would be good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A lovely Hotel with a great location in proximity to Aberdeen Airport.

The Hotel has had recent upgrades in some areas and looks quite good, however other parts of the Hotel are in need of upgrade and the rooms are a little outdated in some cases and its highlighted by the fact the bathrooms are upgraded its like they have run out of money.

However the Hotel rooms are clean spacious and fairly well laid out.
The staff were friendly and helpful and were kept busy throughout our stay with high volume of people in the Hotel.

The Evening meal was very nice the quantity and quality first class and most enjoyable.

I would certainly return again and recommend the Craighaar as a stopover and hopefully my next visit the upgrades will have all been completed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Best restaurant in Aberdeen. Nice friendly staff. No worries about parking as have car park at the front. The food is delicious. Nothing is a bother. I do not like spicy food and this one does not serve it, Plain ordinary Aberdeen food just as you like it. Not in the city centre. We will not go anywhere else. You can stay there if you wish. We stay local.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a small but friendly hotel on the outskirts of Aberdeen which is handy for the airport and for touring Deeside and beyond. On arrival we were made to feel very special with a warm Scottish welcome. Our room was good and the food served at breakfast was freshly made to order. We would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here after a quick search and the rates were very reasonable. Very helpful staff on arrival. Room was very nice, Double bed was on the small side but room looked as if it had been refurbished recently. Breakfast was really nice with a large choice and available for a very civilised time on the Sunday. There is not much nearby to do but a courtesy bus to Airport and local station is available. Free WiFi is the simplest and best I have ever come across. I would recommend the hotel to anyone

Room Tip: All seem to be good, no views because of location. If you want to see the carpark an even room numbe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Booked a weekend break for my birthday. Spent ages looking at online deals and booked here based on the modern rooms. How wrong could we be. Booked in and off to the room. Best description would be country kitchen Laura Ashley 80s bedroom and a newish bathroom. Bizarre but fair enough the hotel are going through a refurbishment programme. BUT this is not what I booked. Weekend was nice, breakfast was good. One point and a major one is the floorboard creak like no ones business and the doors bang every time makes sleep impossible. Beds are ancient and not the most comfortable. I held off making this review as I emailed the hotel and a week later not heard a thing, shame on you. I went to check out and explained our issue to the reception chap with the high pitched voice and was shrugged off but he could take me to show me a refurb room now if I had a time, what a cheek! I said no thanks I wanted that room for this hotel. NO response from the management team is a disgrace.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Evievi123139
Robertaberdeen, director at Craighaar Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
We did get an email from this customer; it was replied to the following day.
The main thrust of the email was the absence of a minibar in the room; our suites have minibars, but the other rooms do not; nor do we advertise our rooms as having them. They seemed to have enjoyed their weekend and stay; the bathrooms in the exec rooms are all bespoke new from Laings; a 4 star bathroom in a 3 star hotel; and the room does have free wifi and flat screen tv, and ipod dock.
No mention was made of the bed or a " floorboard" in the email; any such comments at the time would have been looked into.
We received no follow up email to our response.