Craighaar Hotel
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsflight pathclose to the airportdvd playeraberdeen airportwet roomplenty car parkingsoup of the daynice hotelsteakcentral heatingpeassitting areabusiness tripfull scottishrooms are comfortablebed and pillowsstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed at the Craighaar for two nights on a business trip. Close to the airport so easy to get to and better value than the alternatives in the city. The staff were attentive and friendly. I was fortunate to be upgraded to one of the suites which was very nice indeed. Would I stay there again, yes no hesitation.

Chris.T

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for one of the suites, well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CGT57
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Went for a weekend Very clean hotel we had a gallery suite double bed sofa bed mini bar shower / bath sofa not comfortable so watched tv in bed. Breakfast was nice but waitress the first day not very helpful. Lounge bar very nice hall ways smelt of irons. The biggest thing about this hotel was aeroplanes all the time within reaching distance never slept all weekend if we knew how close they were stayin wouldn't have been an option.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Shellz W
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed one night in the Pebble Suite and were delighted with our choice. Check in was simple, the hallway was a little musty but our suite was incredibly clean, spacious and well appointed with a mini bar and DVD player. The sofa was a little uncomfortable, we stayed in and watched a movie and I would have liked a more comfortable seat for this. The bathroom was lovely, clean and had the usual complimentary toiletries. The huge waterfall shower was great, just what I needed. The bedroom was on a mezzanine floor and had another tv, ipod docking station and clock. Our bed was a little on the hard side but I slept fine. Free wifi was fast. The hotel is on the flight path near the airport but even with the window open, this did not bother us. It is also next to the bowling green and I think the bowlers were out late having a party but again a little noise on a Saturday night is to be expected. Breakfast was delicious. A choice of continental, fresh fruits and cereal and a very good cooked selection. I ordered an omelette and was very pleased. Check out was not till 12 which was handy. All in all a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Because of a family emergency my son and I had to find a hotel at short notice and we were very pleased with our choice. Stayed at the Craighaar for 3 nights.The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The hearty breakfast was served by a lovely wee lassie called Shannon(well we were in Scotland). It was plentiful and set us up for the day.
On our 3rd day I had to book a flight back to Manchester which was easy having the free WiFi but I didn't have the facility to print out my e-ticket. Reception staff to the rescue. When I explained the situation to them they were most accommodating and I had my e-ticket in my hand within minutes.
Cannot thank the staff enough for their help at a difficult time.
Please bear in mind that this hotel, although brilliant, is very near the airport, aircraft and helicopter noise is quite loud and frequent between 7am and 10pm.

Room Tip: Quiet through the night, noisy during the day due to planes and helicopters.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed overnight and the hotel delivered on location (for us) parking and wi-fi. Our room was clean but dated. Refurbished bathroom though which was good. The mattress was hard and thin with no support - so I had a bad night. Staff were all friendly and helpful. We paid £120 for 2 for B and B and have had much better standard of room and breakfast. The food was in the restaurant was ok , but limiting for a vegetarian. Breakfast was ok, but croissants could have been fresher. They do a long breakfast but should ensure the buffet is kept replenished. Full marks for cooked breakfast though - better than on a hot plate

Room Tip: All will have aeroplane noise but it goes at night. we had a really long walk right at the end of the corridor - it's up to personal preference
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple