Station Hotel
US$85
  • Restaurant
US$108
US$92
Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$84
PremierInn.com
US$50
Travelodge
All reviewshigh teachicken marylandopposite the train stationunion squaremain coursebit datedshopping centretea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our on-suite room was huge, cosy, well furnished with a huge bed I can't believe it only cost £60 for the night. We've stayed in some real dumps and dives in Edinburgh and Glasgow for twice that.
Didn't bother with breakfast as Union Square is just across the road, F&B's etc so couldn't comment. Staff mainly EU's but helpful, friendly enough. Would deffo stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 29 is like a court room with gothic carved wall panelling. The window opens out on to a flat roof where you can, as I did, have a puff without being arrested.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just stayed fir one night and I am pretty laid back about where I stay for one night but this place is really going downhill.
I have just seen as i would not eat it the worst breakfast buffet have ever in Aberdeen.

The food , what there was of it , looked like it had been stood for hours.

Breakfast was supposed to run until 9.30 but staff cleared most stuff away before 9.00.

I don't think the people that run it are bothered as they know they will fill up because of the oil companies but this place is pretty awfull now.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mrnmac
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed from 6th - 9th June 2014 - a long weekend to meet up with family. The room was very comfortable - especially the bed; it was clean and had a well stocked mini fridge etc. All the staff I met were polite and helpful - especially the reception staff. There were a couple of problems however - the plug in the bathroom sink was broken, but that was resolved almost immediately by the porter removing the plug, and the TV in my room kept losing all the BBC channels. I reported this to reception on Saturday morning, but it was not resolved before I left. (I retuned the TV 3 times, but the BBC channels went off within an hour. I have to say I didn't go to Aberdeen to watch TV, but wanted to watch the Rugby League Cup matches - the wi-fi in the room was good enough for me to watch on my tablet anyway, so no great problem there. Had breakfast on Monday morning and it was good - although my son commented on the lack of haggis!!!(He wanted to drink scotch whisky, see a kilt, hear the bagpipes and eat haggis - he did everything but eat haggis - sad eh?). Overall, the hotel provided a value for money experience. Would I stay again? Oh yes!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was definitely a funny experience (in a bad way).

Even though we could write all the things that happened, it would take too much of our energy and this place is simply not worth it.

Some highlights though for you dear readers:
- The standard and the overflow car park were full, so we had to stay at the parking garage for 15 GBP (luckily it was only one night)
- The room could barely be found (practically no signs how to get there OR back)
- The whisky that we asked for with water NEXT to it resulted in a water/whisky 'cocktail', with 4-5x times as much water inside as whisky
- The staff were impressively unfriendly/depressed (with statements such as: yeah, well the internet sometimes doesn't work, it happens).

Summa summarum, this was a really sad experience...

No thanks!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FloopySandlet101
Reviewed 27 May 2014

On checking into the hotel after a long drive the tiny car park was full due to other guests parking in overlapping bays. I was then directed to an overflow car park which was incredibly dangerous due to sloppy, loose cobbles. Again overcrowded. Our check in was quick and easy but again wasn't too happy at seeing the room, especially the state of the bathroom. To say it was a bit scummy is an understatement. Again I was disappointed with the hotel when it came to breakfast time. It was cold, cheap and nasty and the waitress looked like her life was about to end when we asked for a coffee! Check out was even worse. I stood at the reception desk only to be ignored by Kimberly as she was too busy reassuring herself of her own importance whilst reprimanding one of the Eastern European members of staff. She seemed to enjoy her little bit of power so much she didn't speak to me or even make eye contact whilst I stood waiting. In the end I left the key card and walked away and will not be staying in this scum hole again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business