“Convenient but needs updates” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Station Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Station Hotel
Ranked #60 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
DeLand, Florida
“Convenient but needs updates”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Chose the hotel based on its proximity to the rail station across the street. We arrived in Aberdeen after a red eye from Chicago without luggage that got lost in Dublin. Had enough in the back pack to last for two days, so clear there. Could not get a room until 2 p.m., which I understand, but at the time was kind of disconcerting. When we got in, the rooms had potential, but that hadn't been actualized--nice bath though. Staff was helpful in accepting bags when they showed the next day as we were checking out. The place served a purpose.

Room Tip: Don't expect to get in early to your room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is probably the worst hotel I have stayed in in the UK.My room was dirty, shabby, the walls were peeling the carpet had a multitude of different stains.
My bedding was ripped and the were hairs in the bed. My pillows were disgustingly stained with sweat.
I took a person claiming to be part of the managing team to the room and showed him my concerns. If I'm honest he didn't appear to bothered.
The bathroom however was very good despite there being no hot water!!!
I had breakfast at the hotel, it was revolting looking , it looked like it had been sitting for hours.
My advice to anyone is to steer clear of this overpriced dirty hole

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Steve B

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stay here quite frequently due to work. The location is ideal with it being within walking distance from the train station, bus station and harbour. It's also a 5 minutes walk away from the main streets where shops and bars/restaurants can be found.
The reception area is good, bright and spacious as well as the dining area and bar area. Once your past them and on your way to the room it's like going into a time warp back to the 60s. The decor is terrible throughout the accommodation. The rooms vary in size, some being a great big room to others being very small. Some of the bathrooms have baths but the majority I only have showers.
The rooms are kept very clean and new towels put on daily.
If your looking for a room with a view this is not the hotel for you! The windows are revolting, covered in bird excrement and most look onto a car park or shopping centre.
Price wise I haven't paid for a night stay myself (my company do this) so cannot say if it's good value for money. The restaurant doesn't have a big variety of food on its menu and for a main mean your looking at around £12. The drinks are relatively expensive too.
The staff are very friendly and do there best to help you anyway they can.
Overall I'd say the hotel is ideal if your just looking for somewhere to put your head down for the night but not really ideal for long haul stays.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amanda L
aberdeen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were staying in Aberdeen for a night out and were attracted by the £52 a night rate. We therefore were not expecting luxury...but the hotel is seriously run down and in need of refurbishment. The first room we were given had a broken toilet seat and was really grim. The next room had curtains half hanging off the rail and windows so filthy you couldn't see out. The room was stiflingly hot and the windows didn't open. We later got a fan but it was still really stuffy. When I commented on our way out the receptionist said she would sort something out in the morning but when we checked out ,the full amount had been deducted from my account and the staff just thanked us and were surprised when I said we had not been happy. I would advise paying a bit more to get an acceptable quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank annieroar
Northern Norway, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very nice rooms. The bar is a bit "strict". The reception people are nice. Not much noice and the beds are good.
The bathrooms could be a bit bigger, but they are adequate for my use.
Enjoyable, historical place.
Well worth a stay. Not too costly.

Room Tip: Some noice from Air Conditioning system. Otherwise: Charming. Good prices.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Lisburn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Centrally located.
Partially internally modernised old railway hotel. Characterful plumbing! Hot/cold water/no water at random adds to the interest but not the comfort.
Hot in the attics, no a/c ( that's ok) but windows didn't open.
No lift for 24 hours was challenging on 5th floor.
Room phone not working, so when all light in bathroom went off a problem to report ( 4 flights of stairs).
Possibly acceptable at a bargain price, but the price was higher than some much better hotels I have stayed in in Aberdeen.
Won't repeat the experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Keneff
Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was booked for just one night, and only wanted the room, wasn't interested in dining, and so I got just what I wanted. The room was clean and had the usual things you'd expect (kettle, etc). It was at the back of the hotel so not too noisy overnight. Breakfast was not included so unable to comment on that. No hotel in Aberdeen is inexpensive, but this was the best deal I could get.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business