“business trip to Aberdeen”

Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen
Ranked #63 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed in room 129, read the reviews before going and was dreading it, but I couldnt find anything in Aberdeen so stayed with it. Upon arrival the car park in clearly posted about the parking restrictions, how anyone can miss the signs astounds me, i was dealt with promptly and efficiently at reception, and given the relevant information although a smile or a more positive greeting would have been nice.

I was directed to my room which yes as well as the rest of the hotel is dated, but it was clean, fully equipped the WIFI was free and a good connection.

I used the restaurant for an evening meal, I must say the fixed menu was not extensive - being a fixed price you wouldnt expect it to be, but the food was excellent and I heard a number of people compliment the chef. It was VERY reasonably priced food in fact I would say cheap, especially for Aberdeen. The young waiting staff were polite, smiled and courteous. One young man that served did have red dyed hair and piercing and being a little old fashioned I am not sure what impression this gives of the impression they are willing to give as a "professional organisation", but I must commend his service.

I had a ver reasonable nights sleep, a comfortable bed, a good bath and shower - again the bathroom showed signs of age, but it was clean and well stocked.

I departed early was dealt with promptly on departure, the guy at reception dealt with me efficient although, I preempted him stapling the receipts and his answer was "im just going to doi it" which could be perceived as a little rude. But he did wish me a good day and say good bye.

I would stay again although, when visiting Aberdeen again I will also look at alternative options. I would say it was average.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear MrShezStokeonTrent, thank you for your comments and I am glad you had a good stay and found the dinner excellent and also good value. Your comment on the car parking signage is correct but believe me we get a number of people saying they did not see it.
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is showing its age. Very dated and in need of a refurb and some money spending. The hotel isnt dirty just well worn and past its best before date. I had to change rooms due to the lights blowing the alernative room was in the same condition as the original. I wont be returning.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nick W, thank you for your comment that the hotel is aged and not dirty. You are correct in the fact that the hotel would benefit from a refurbishment in the bedrooms and bathrooms, work has began on building new rooms and public areas. Hopefully once this is completed you will return.

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Aberdeen is busy and expensive mid week, this is a fact. However £200 for a night in a room with stained walls, cracked sanitary ware and MOULD on the bathroom ceiling is taking things way to far. Next time if this is the the last hotel in Aberdeen I will politely refuse a room and instead plan a day trip involving a 4am start and an 11pm return home. It will be preferable. I am keen to see if the Britannia group management respond to this review with anything other than the standard "The hotel is under refurbishment". Mould I would argue is not a refurbishment issue, it is neglect.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank G G
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear G G, I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. You are correct if there was mould on the bathroom ceiling there is no excuse for that and I can only apologise if that was the case.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Came here with my girlfriend and her family, probably the most awkward night of my life. Staff are unhelpful and unfriendly, rooms are a complete joke, and general service is ridiculous. Would need to pay us to stay here again, it's like the management have never encountered customer service before. Food was most certainly frozen and most probably from Farmfoods. Spent the majority of the evening feeling sorry for the staff, as was definitely not their fault, and management should definitely take the blame for the shoddy state of this place.

• Stayed January 2014
GMAberdeen, General Manager at Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear ASRobertson91, I am sorry that you appear to not have enjoyed your stay but it would be more helpful if you had reported any issues when you were here so we could have attended to them if there were any.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We arrived on the 30th Dec for 3 nights.
Two adults and two children.
Receptionist very helpful, our family room a good size and clean tidy and modern .
The maids were spot on too .
Welcome drink on arrival to restaurant .
The restaurant manager was spot on David his name , he and his staff so to our needs with swift attention . Food was excellent and nice and hot .
There was entertainment every night different musicians , on Hogmanay there was bag pipes.
New Year's Day there was bingo and a comedian and a magician it was all one person the Manager Neil , he was fantastic too and very funny !
Absolutely no faults definetly recommend ! Value for money , service , etc ....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Derek143, thank you for your kind comments and I am glad you and your family had a great New Year with us, we certainly enjoyed your company. We hope to see you back again in the near future.
aberdeen
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We actually live in the area and have had visiting family stay over at the Britannia a few times before. They have awful unclean rooms, issues with heating which they said was not responded too and also complained of very loud people in neighbouring rooms on both occasions, which apparently was not rectified when brought to the hotels attention. I know they are currently undergoing a refurbishment, however this had no impact on their stay. One thing I would also point out is that there always seems to be large groups of people in rooms partying till all hours with their windows open, and we have since our family members stayed at hotel, had to phone up and complain about the noise - again nothing seemed to happen. The clientele of the hotel seems to have really gone down hill dramatically. It is a shame that any guests we have do not want to stay in the hotel nearest to us! nothing good to say about the hotel at all apart from its location to the airport, but there are other hotels closer that you can choose from. Our guests also said that the staff on reception had very thick foreign accents and did not really understand anything that they were saying. The price of the rooms is reasonable, but to be honest there is no plus to staying here at all as there are alternatives.

Room Tip: avoid rooms looking out onto the car park across the road from it. this is a commuter hotel trying...