Britannia Hotel - Aberdeen
US$106
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$61
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
US$89
US$87
  • Restaurant
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$98
US$88
Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$68
Agoda.com
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$65
Agoda.com
US$82
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked this last minute to meet friends from Glasgow who were on a coach trip and this was their hotel. I had read the reviews and was not sure what to expect, so not really surprised by what we found, the check in was okay, girl was chatting away and we got our key card, we had to go to the second lift....not too easy to locate by the directions given, but got there. Room a good size, not too sure when the dated wooden blinds last seen a duster thou. I had a quick read of the laminated sheet which was available, which normally I would not do, and saw a bit about hotel parking which informed me I MUST enter my registration number in a machine at reception, if I didn't, or put in the wrong or missing registration I would be fined £100......really! I looked into this and to be honest was appalled in what I read, there is signs around the car park but to be honest it was pouring with rain when we arrived and didn't pay much attention, they are not huge signs, but WHY when we were booking in did the receptionist not ask us to input our details in the machine that is located to the end of the reception desk. I did think it strange that we did not have to write our registration number on the signing in sheet, like most hotels do. There is a lot if signs around the place telling you about things like your wifi details, what happened to good old conversation? They are doing a lot of refurb but there is no reference to this when you book in or out, or apologies, there is holes in walls, noise and the hotel is very tired in places, would I book it again, prob not, it was only for 1 night and suited the needs but £59 for a room only was defo not worth it.

Room Tip: Read the reviews
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fimart1959
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were booked in here on a bus trip,and having read previous reviews were a bit concerned .
On arrival the entrance looked very uncared for. Litter everywhere and lots of cigarette buts so we feared the worst.

However, our room was large, the beds comfortable and although in need of new carpets and curtains was spotless. There was plenty of electric sockets and free wifi which worked well.
We were on half board and the food was buffet style, it was piping hot and not dried out with a choice of salads and 3 hot dishes. Puddings very good. Fresh veg instead of tinned would be better. However we paid a total of £99 for 3 nights dinner bed and breakfast so no complaints if we had paid that for 1 night it would be a different story.
We did enjoy our stay and will return but only with a deal.

Room Tip: Some rooms over looking the court yard had no few and were kept awake by seagulls. Go on a deal it is not worth full price.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank typseygypsey
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Where do I start with this one? Prepaid for champagne in room but not there so had to ask reception for it and response was not great. No apology either. The "pool" was little more than a plunge pool and the sauna would have being doing well to accommodate 3 adults. Dinner was attended to by a young lad who may have been intoxicated as he repeated my order incorrectly then said he was surprised because what he repeated was not on the menu. He kept disappearing meaning others had to cover for him. Meal choices were strange but food was okay. In the Village bar linked to the hotel the barmaid was clearly in need of sleep and she couldn't be bothered either. The barman mentioned that she had just come straight from a party. She then appeared to have been sent home early after ignoring other customers. The beds were so soft that I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore back. Breakfast was quite simply awful. A request for coffee cups where the tea/coffee was being served was met by a quick look down the other side of the restaurant and a point with the words, "there are some down there"! We didn't bother venturing into the pool again and couldn't get out of the place quick enough.

If it were a small independent hotel then the poor fabric of the hotel might have been understandable however a s a chain of UK hotels, the poor state of the hotel inside and out leaves much to be desired. To say it is in need of renovation would be a massive understatement. Book a stay at your peril. Needless to say, there will be no return visit from this unhappy chappy.

Room Tip: If you want a good room then book elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian7392
Reviewed 1 July 2014

my husband and myself and our friends booked this holiday through national coaches as a package,(£99.each for 3 nights dinner bed and breakfast +2 trips) after reading the reviews we were not expecting much but as long as we had somewhere to put our heads we were happy and it wasn't costing much .However when new got there our rooms were lovely a nice cosy bed a lovely bath and shower and a spacious room with comfy chairs. We found the breakfasts well cooked and plenty to choose from and lovely and hot.the dinners were very nice also with a choice of three starters ,main course we had a choice of four main courses with all the trimmings and also a choice of three sweets plus ice cream,again all main courses were hot and well cooked. the staff were very pleasant and helpful and my husband and myself will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: every one who was on the bus that we travelled on had no problems with their rooms but have said just to tell at reception and they will do theyre best to change it for you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine C
Reviewed 1 July 2014

just back from weekend here ..perfectly acceptable for money paid ..Natalie on reception deserves special mention ..She was a delight to deal with ..nothing was too much trouble for her ..from organising an extra bed to overhearing I had forgotten my iphone charger and after asking which model whipped out one for me to borrow ..bedroom was clean enough and pillows mattresess duvets ect were spotless..carpets and decor do need replacing of that there is no doubt ..dinner was perfectly fine... not fantastic but not terrible either..breakfast was good and plenty choices ..enjoyed a swim in the small but ample pool followed by a chill in the sauna and steam room ..cleaning staff were on the ball and pleasant and helpful when asked for more milk towels etc ..couldn't have got two nights dinner bed and breakfast anywhere in Aberdeen for less than 40 quid per head as it worked out for this family of six ..the kids were delighted with the free wifi ..i have never slept in even the most prestigious hotels past about sixish ..slept like a log both nights till after eight ..the bed was sooo comfortabe ...not sure why all the really bad reviews ..I will be back

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family