“Exellent service recommend it.”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“Exellent service recommend it.”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Our daughters wedding was held there it was a fantastic day.Food really good and ALL the staff to the very best standard.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We got married at Palm Court in October 2010. We had never been before but as soon as we walked through the door - we were sold! The decor is contemporary and the feeling you get is so pleasant. We had our ceremony and meal in the Sanderson Suite and the party at night in the Hudson. Both rooms were perfect for our requirements. Graham was absolutely invaluable to us. We gave him a list of instructions the day before and it was followed with absolute precision. There was nothing we had to ask or remind him about. You made our day and we thank you so much for that. Our meal was absolutely gorgeous with all our guests commenting on the high quality of the food. The service was quick and sharp and our glasses were never empty which was just what we wanted! The buffet in the evening was great and well received by the party people! We had so many positive comments from our guests about the hotel in general and what a great time they had - we can't thank Palm Court enough for everything they did. The rooms were great and the breakfast in the morning - first class - just what the doctor ordered! We love the happy memories Palm Court has given us - thank you.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The staff could not be more helpful....from the reception/desk through the restaurant and other services. Overall, good value for money.
Downside: Wedding guests resident in the hotel for the reception on the premises allowed their children to run riot to and from their rooms until about 2 a.m. Some of the adults were just as inconsiderate. So find out about weddings before you book.
The hotel could ask wedding parties, as a matter of form, to be considerate of other guests but these days so many people only care for themselves and certainly not strangers!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dunfermline
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband and i have stayed at this hotel a number of times and enjoy the friendliness of the staff and the banter in the bar! The rooms are well appointed and the decor is very smart. Breakfast was delicious too!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We chose to have our wedding at the Palm Court after reviewing several hotels in Aberdeen. We had lunch here and the food was such a high standard, we knew it was the venue we wanted. On the day Scott and his staff looked after us so well. We couldn't ask for better. All our guests were impressed with the food at both the meal and the evening buffet. We really can't thank the staff enough for making our wedding day so special. The rooms were clean,spacious and beds were very comfortable. Would certainly highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We decided to have our wedding here in June 2011. We loved the decor and layout of the hotel. We could not have been happier with the service we got from start to finish. The staff are amazing, waited on hand and foot, Graham done so good in making our day perfect and personal. We had a lovely ceremony followed by photos in Johnston Gardens, meal upstairs, then reception in bigger function room at night. The food was beyond what we expected for both the meal and buffet at night. Rooms are brilliant. I am so glad we didnt pick one of these "house hotels" in aberdeen as the over priced service etc is always a hit or miss - but palm court deliver all the time. And the prices are very reasonable too. All our guests had a brilliant night. Couldnt recommend this place more, please go and check it out before booking anywhere else in aberdeen region.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Barrow-in-Furness
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel because it was the venue for a business course I was attending. There are good and bad points to note.
LOCATION - this was a more 'isolated' hotel than I usually use in Aberdeen and by that I mean that there is nothing else within reasonable walking distance other than a Co-op and a Blockbusters. If you don't need anything else then this may be a plus (it is a very quiet location) but if you are staying for a week then you might want more to do.
ROOM - the room was pretty nicely laid out. It was a bedroom and a bathroom but I didn't have any issues with the set-up except for the lack of a comfy chair.
IN-ROOM FACILITIES - the television suffered frequently from a bad signal. Never mind I suppose. The free wireless internet...was appalling. Every single night, at least once a night, I had to either phone Reception or go down to the front desk because the signal disappeared constantly. If you need to spend some time here on business this will make it impossible. I even had to stand in the corridor to get a signal just to download e-mails.
FOOD - this was flawless. Every morsel I had for breakfast, lunch or evening meal was of the highest quality and this was easily the best standard of hotel dining I have experienced in Aberdeen.
CUSTOMER SERVICE - some good and bad here. All the people I had to speak with were very courteous (almost every one) and tried their utmost to help the situation. The waiting staff were delightful.
I also left a couple of items behind and the lady who took my call arranged for them to be posted back to me.
My main gripes were the man who told me there was nothing wrong with the internet and seemed almost indignant that I was saying otherwise (I may be wrong but he seemed to be a senior member of staff) and the initial booking. I made the booking after talking to a member of Reception staff and explaining that I had to be sure of a strong internet signal (after reading other reviews on here) because I needed to work at night. I was assured this would be ok and I asked for confirmation by e-mail. When I booked in I was given room 24. I asked if this was the strongest internet area and found out that no such provision had been noted or made. I was then given room 19 with the assurance that this was the best they had. I later found out that room 24 was actually the weakest area for internet! I was not a happy bunny.
Overall, this has some great plusses as a hotel but if you are in town on business and need to work...look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Room 19 apparently has the best internet!