“Brilliant Experience”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 11 November 2013

we attended a birthday party at the hotel and right from booking the hotel we found the staff to be so helpfull, we booked our room directly with the hotel and not online. On arival the reception staff were extremely helpfull and the whole check in process was so quick. our room was very spacious and fresh with a great view accross the aberdeen sky line. Before the event we met some family and friend in the public bar for some drinks, the bar staff were so efficient and the the hotel seemed to stock all drink types.atho the bar was very busy the staff seemed to cope very well and there was practicle no waiting time to be served. For the event itself we were welcomed to the drinks reception by a red carpet which was surrounded by a pipe band playing to welcom the guests. during the drinks reception the staff were always on hand to top up the glasses and answer any questions. we were called through to the event itself and we were all astonished that how fantastic the hotel could decorate the tables and the room. The meal itself was one of the best meals ive ever been served, the food was absolutely cooked to perfection, and the table service was so effitient. During the evening dancing the bar staff again were so efficient with only seconds to wait for service. I have to also comment that this is one of the best nights sleep i have had in a hotle with the beds being so comfortable and the hotel being so peiceull. In the morning we were welcomed again by such efficient staff for breakfast and the choice of breakfast was fantastic and the hotel could arrange your breakfast to your requirements. The breakfast was table served and freshly cooked to order rather than a buffet style where it has been sitting for a while. The check out process was also so smooth and the staff were efficient. I travel alot through buisness but i have to comment that this is one of the best hotels i have been to and will certainly be using it for staying in and for any events i have in the future, i have already recomended this hotel to my friends who are arranging a party event. Overall both the staff and management appear so dedicated and efficient which further compliments the already proffesional service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Hotel whilst attending a birthday celebration. Indeed it was one of the largest events we have looked after here at the hotel and I agree that the room itself looked stunning.

I am delighted to read like many other of the guests that you had such a wonderful night and that you enjoyed the quality, service we offered throughout. The entertainment was second to none and Jai McDowall certainly was a fantastic surprise for everyone.

All our team will be delighted you hear of your feedback and I will your comments on at the meeting this week.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Simon and I chose the Palm Court as it seemed to tick every box for us. All staff encountered- particularly Graham - were courteous, approachable and ultra-accommodating. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble; they were very flexible and happy to help in any way that they could. The running of the ceremony, dinner and reception were flawless. My husband and I (:D) felt relaxed, and we were confident that everything was being taken care of. The food was great, and the bar was very reasonably priced. Can't applaud the staff enough. Would highly recommend the hotel as a wonderful wedding location. A+.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Good Afternoon

Many congratulations once again on your recent marriage.

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had such a great day. It was a pleasure looking after you all and I am delighted all your guests has just as an enjoyable day.

We strive to ensure all our guests enjoy the quality and service we offer and I am delighted you all the the opportunity to experience this first hand.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope life is treating you well

Reviewed 7 November 2013

after staying in B&B's it was a welcome change to stay in a hotel. We had a lovely room at the back with a queen bed. fantastic after the little doubles in B&B's. All the mod cons in the bathroom and Tunnocks biscuits with a cuppa . we were afraid to eat them in case there was a charge. also free bottles of water.

We dined in the restaurant, just having an entrée sized meal .and breakfast was more than adequate.my husband had the kippers and he says he was still having them at 3pm so worth the money!!.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel. We strive to ensure all our guests enjoy the high level of quality and service we offer and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Me and my husband got married on the 24 of may 2013. The staff at the hotel was brilliant looking after us right from booking our wedding right through till after the wedding its self. Graham was absolutely fantastic on the day its self and couldn't have asked for any more from him. If you are looking for a professional, welcoming and intimate location for your wedding its the place to go!

• Stayed: May 2013
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and I hope married life is treating you well. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you and all your guests and to hear everyone had such a great time is great news.

We strive to ensure all our guests experience our high level of quality and service and it great that you all had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

Once again thank you for your review and i look forward to welcoming you bothy back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great experience throughtout our stay. Attentive f& riendy staff from a lovely young lady at reception throught to restaurant waiting staff. Varied menu to choose from. Comfortable rooms, Great to have a full complement of toiletries in the bathroom, a spare travel toothbrush kit was a surprise. Even Tunnocks biscuits for a wee cuppa. My only improvement would be an iron & board in the room rather than to call for one. They did bring it promptly to the oom when I called. Definitely recommend the hotel to more commercial big name hotel we do stay in Aberdeen. If yiu want a more relaxed & warm feeling hotel this is the one to try.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel on the occasion of the birthday celebrations you attended. It was a pleasure to have you as guests of the hotel and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we offer first hand

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Me and my partner got engaged around April 2013 and we heard a lot of good reviews about the Palm Court. We decided to book an appointment where the kind staff took us into the bar, offered us a free drink and ran through all the wedding options available. The staff were very clear with the costs, and a couple of days after our meeting, we decided to go with the Palm Court as our venue on the 2nd November 2013.

During the 6 month of planning, we always found palm court very helpful with our inqueries, as well as very quick to respond by email, e.g. Options for using our own champaign, involving a football free stylists within the wedding reception, or bringing my partners favourite dog into the wedding ceremony. The palm court always worked hard to meet our requests, and on no occasions did they say no to any of our requests before the wedding took place.

The wedding itself couldn't have been more smooth, the staff service was amazing, the food was top quality, I never heard any bad reviews from any guests about the food....all was positive. The wedding reception held was brilliant with a DJ that done a great job with an amazing selection of songs, and the dance floor was never empty.

On top of that, a night stay at the Palm Court was also included with the wedding packages, which was no doubt one of the best hotels in the UK I have stayed in.

Overall - we had an amazing time, and will always be one of my top recommendations for a wedding venue in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and once again many congratulations on your marriage last weekend. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you both and indeed your guests and I am delighted that all your guests enjoyed themselves just as much.

We strive to ensure all our wedding couples have a day to remember and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Just felt I had to write and say what a fantastic night was had at my dear friend's 40th birthday party 'extravaganza' last Sunday!! From being piped in by the Turriff and District Pipe Band as we walked along the red carpet, cocktails on arrival and a simply amazing '7' course meal it was simply divine!! The staff could not have been more attentive and so professional, never letting anyone's glass become empty, which when you consider it was a free bar from start to finish, simply amazing!!! Well done everyone and know it was very much appreciated by all the guests who had a ball!! We even had Jai McDowall singing his heart out whilst we ate our meal....fantastic... so once again Palm Court you have excelled yourselves... congrats to all involved....you all deserve a PAY RISE ;)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and i am delighted you enjoyed the recent birthday celebrations you attended last week in the hotel. It was certainly a night to remember with the room looking great and the entertainment some of the best we have had at the hotel. The staff are still speaking about how much they enjoyed looking after everyone and I am delighted you enjoyed the occasion. You have attended a number of events now at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.