“Sunday roast slightly disapointed”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Sunday roast slightly disapointed”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

my wife & I fancied a sunday roast unfortunally sunday roast stopped serving at 5:00pm . was handed the menu but was disapointed with menu (we both end up with scampi not the best sunday dinner ) On the plus side good service from staff & have been at the Palm court for h & a family night & both were good so will be back but try & have some type of roast on sunday evening menu

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and indeed your comments with regards to your recent visit to the hotel. I am pleased to note that again on your recent visit you enjoyed the high level of service we offer and similar to that of previous.

I note your comments with regards to offering the Sunday Roast all day and I will take this on board and bring this as an option at our next food and beverage meeting.

Once again thank you for your review and comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Graham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was impressed with the service on arrival, being greeted & directed to the table reserved for our party, in what was a very busy room.
The menu afforded plenty of choice, although the food seemed overpriced for meals, which appeared to be more 'bar supper' than the price would suggest.
My meal was satisfactory, but the sweet corn & chive risotto served with the chicken was somewhat solid.
Having any kind of conversation was challenging, as a rather enthusiastic party in the bar seemed intent on raising the noise levels beyond that which was comfortable. Perhaps a manager could have suggested that they tone things down a bit?
The Palm Court is obviously a popular venue, but not one which I could recommend for anything other than the efficient table service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MLW28
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service offered during your recent visit to the hotel. I must admit we are extremely busy at the minute particularly with larger bookings many of them birthday and anniversary celebrations.

I am disappointed you though the food offered was of poorer value and I will this feedback to the kitchen team.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

With Best Wishes.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We went with a huge group and it was handled very well. Food was good and service prompt. We would go back. Lovely decor and cosy pub top it off. Kids meals are very well done especially the desserts. Salads are very nice and my goats cheese tart with figs was great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel. We aim to offer a high standard of quality and service and I am pleased that you had the opportunity to experience this first hand. It also also great to hear the little ones enjoyed there dinner too.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently attended a friends birthday party at the palm court, and what a fantastic night it was ! The staff were very attentive and couldnt do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble. The dinner was delicious, compliments to the chef ! This is a very well run hotel with very friendly staff. Cant recommend it highly enough !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Good Morning

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had such a great night at the recent birthday celebrations. It was certainly a night to remember and one of the larger events we have looked after here at the hotel.

The staff are equally delighted to be seeing such favorable feedback for this event and they appreciate the time taken to post such review.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We attended a friend's birthday party recently at the Palm Court Hotel. The staff were very attentive and approachable, the atmosphere was great and the overall experience was great. The hotel is compact and makes for easy access to the bedrooms when required :)

Food was excellent - highly recommend a visit even for this alone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Good Morning

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed the recent birthday celebrations you attended here at the hotel. It was certainly a night to remember and one of the larger events we have done at the hotel. It was an absolute pleasure looking after everyone and I will pass your feedback onto the team later this week at their weekly meeting.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We booked the Palm Court for my mum and dad's sapphire anniversary, for them to renew their vows. Right from the start The service was excellent. Graham wouldn't do enough for us. Both rooms were set up and decorated lovely for us, the good was excellent, and staff were very friendly and quick with service. I could not fault them on anything, and would definitely recommend them for weddings and meals.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that all your family had such a great time last weekend on the occasion of your parents sapphire wedding. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you all and I am delighted everything went so well.

I will pass on your feedback to the team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

With best wishes

uk
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This a reasonably priced clean and tidy hotel that serves a wonderful Scottish breakfast. The staff are many and helpful and the overall impression is a very well run hotel. The only difficulty I found was that staying there and going to bed before 1.00 am when you are not part of the wedding party, is not conducive to getting a nights sleep. The beat from dance music, which I normally like, comes through your room. My suggestion is stay there if you are at the wedding or on a late night, but if you want a good sleep on a Saturday night it is not for you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel in particular the breakfast.

As per your review we are particularly busy with weddings and so many couples over the years have had such an enjoyable and memorable day with us. Any guests we are aware that are staying at the hotel who are not part of celebration we always try and allocate these rooms at the back of the hotel away from all the event rooms and I apologise if this was not not as part of your stay.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and hopefully we can allocate a quieter room for you

With best wishes