“Below Average & Certainly Not Worth The Cost”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Myself and my partner stayed there for one night on the 23rd Nov we got checked in and was given the door pass card and directions quickly

We paid extra for a so called executive room all I can say is I would hate to see what the ordinary rooms are like as this room was quite small, so don't waste your money on an upgrade as it isn't worth it there is no air conditioning unless of course you count an air fan stuck on the floor not my idea of executive
But on the good side the room was clean and well appointed and the tv is a the biggest I've seen in a hotel room and they provide plenty of tea and coffea with fresh milk alongside a good selection of biscuits something you don't get in most hotels.
There is a mini bar in the room but as can be expected it is extremely expensive so bring your own if you are that way inclined.
They do charge quite a lot of money for there rooms especially as they have zero leisure facilities this is something to bear in mind when looking for hotels the noise levels were quite high as well but I guess being a Saturday this can be expected.
But in short there are cheaper and far far better hotels than this considering what they charge they really need to up there game and provide leisure facilities or consider lowering there prices to suit what they actually provide.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wrngames
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Good Evening

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here at the hotel.

I am pleased that your had the opportunity to experience our high level of service during your stay, however I am disappointed that our accommodation did not meet with your expectations.

Once again thank your for your review and I would like to wish you all the very best for the festive season.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

my wife & I fancied a sunday roast unfortunally sunday roast stopped serving at 5:00pm . was handed the menu but was disapointed with menu (we both end up with scampi not the best sunday dinner ) On the plus side good service from staff & have been at the Palm court for h & a family night & both were good so will be back but try & have some type of roast on sunday evening menu

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and indeed your comments with regards to your recent visit to the hotel. I am pleased to note that again on your recent visit you enjoyed the high level of service we offer and similar to that of previous.

I note your comments with regards to offering the Sunday Roast all day and I will take this on board and bring this as an option at our next food and beverage meeting.

Once again thank you for your review and comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was impressed with the service on arrival, being greeted & directed to the table reserved for our party, in what was a very busy room.
The menu afforded plenty of choice, although the food seemed overpriced for meals, which appeared to be more 'bar supper' than the price would suggest.
My meal was satisfactory, but the sweet corn & chive risotto served with the chicken was somewhat solid.
Having any kind of conversation was challenging, as a rather enthusiastic party in the bar seemed intent on raising the noise levels beyond that which was comfortable. Perhaps a manager could have suggested that they tone things down a bit?
The Palm Court is obviously a popular venue, but not one which I could recommend for anything other than the efficient table service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MLW28
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service offered during your recent visit to the hotel. I must admit we are extremely busy at the minute particularly with larger bookings many of them birthday and anniversary celebrations.

I am disappointed you though the food offered was of poorer value and I will this feedback to the kitchen team.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

With Best Wishes.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We went with a huge group and it was handled very well. Food was good and service prompt. We would go back. Lovely decor and cosy pub top it off. Kids meals are very well done especially the desserts. Salads are very nice and my goats cheese tart with figs was great.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel. We aim to offer a high standard of quality and service and I am pleased that you had the opportunity to experience this first hand. It also also great to hear the little ones enjoyed there dinner too.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently attended a friends birthday party at the palm court, and what a fantastic night it was ! The staff were very attentive and couldnt do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble. The dinner was delicious, compliments to the chef ! This is a very well run hotel with very friendly staff. Cant recommend it highly enough !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had such a great night at the recent birthday celebrations. It was certainly a night to remember and one of the larger events we have looked after here at the hotel.

The staff are equally delighted to be seeing such favorable feedback for this event and they appreciate the time taken to post such review.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We attended a friend's birthday party recently at the Palm Court Hotel. The staff were very attentive and approachable, the atmosphere was great and the overall experience was great. The hotel is compact and makes for easy access to the bedrooms when required :)

Food was excellent - highly recommend a visit even for this alone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed the recent birthday celebrations you attended here at the hotel. It was certainly a night to remember and one of the larger events we have done at the hotel. It was an absolute pleasure looking after everyone and I will pass your feedback onto the team later this week at their weekly meeting.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We booked the Palm Court for my mum and dad's sapphire anniversary, for them to renew their vows. Right from the start The service was excellent. Graham wouldn't do enough for us. Both rooms were set up and decorated lovely for us, the good was excellent, and staff were very friendly and quick with service. I could not fault them on anything, and would definitely recommend them for weddings and meals.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that all your family had such a great time last weekend on the occasion of your parents sapphire wedding. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you all and I am delighted everything went so well.

I will pass on your feedback to the team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

With best wishes