“What a beautiful place this really is...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Derby, United Kingdom
“What a beautiful place this really is...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Four star all the way, all of the staff at palm court bringing a new meaning to 'service with a smile'.
Scott Horner (Hotel Manager) is a credit to the company, a true gentleman, who was always the first to ensure that he or one of his dedicated team members could cater for our every need. Food and service in the bar & restaurant most certainly four star. At highly competitive rates, two nights and three whole days was over far too quickly, would highly recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Aberdeen and or the surrounding areas.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel. It was a pleasure having you here as our guests and you had the opportunity to experience the high level of quality and service we offer.

The team will be delighted to hear of your feedback and on behalf of us all we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Graham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

After a crazy sleepless New Years night in Edinburgh, the palm court hotel was perfect for us great location, beautiful homely room, amazing food and incredible service especially from Scott Honer who welcomed us and looked after us extremely well with such friendly service from him, we will defiantly look forward to returning again. Highly recommend ****

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the hotel. It was a pleasure having you here as our guests and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we offer.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My sister and I recently held a function as a surprise for our mother's 50th birthday. We hosted this party in the Hudson room, a perfect room to suit our numbers! We chose a 2 course meal, with 3 options for each course, allowing all our guests an ample choice for their dinner. The food was excellent, as said by all guests, I cannot fault the efforts from the kitchen.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and will all go out of their way in order to ensure every guest received the highest quality service. The organisation of the function was superb and every detail was taken into account and delivered to our very specific taste and requirements. The rooms which myself and a few of the guests stayed in were spacious and extremely comfortable.

I would recommend anyone to use the hotel for a function and I will continue to use the hotel for my upcoming functions. I cannot thank the staff of the hotel enough for the efforts in which they put in to ensure that my mother's 50th birthday was one which I'm sure she and her guests will never forget.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014

Happy New Year

Thank you for your review and I am delighted your mum's recent birthday celebrations were such a success and all your hard work and effort both your sister and yourself put in paid off to what was an incredible night for your mum. I am so pleased I have been able to contribute to the success of the evening and we wish your mum many more happy years to come.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards
aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We went for pre Christmas dinner on the 24th December. The festive menu was excellent great choice with something for everyone. We had various members of staff looking after us and again they were all very attentive. Scott did his usual and made the whole night great. Can't wait to visit again. Thanks again everyone at the Palm Court.

• Stayed December 2013

Happy New Year

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your meal on Christmas Eve. As you will have seen we have had an extremely busy yet very successful time and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we have provided throughout.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and on behalf of them all we wish you all the very best for 2014

Crail, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel recently on business and had lunch, a meeting, Christmas party night and overnight stay. The staff were extremely attentive throughout (Sharlene was a star!) and were better than many far more expensive 5 star hotels. Room was small but well decorated and clean and given the Aberdeen market, it represented good value for money. Only downside was the room was not warm enough day/evening but boiling hot during the night so a review of heating timer might be in order! Overall, very pleasant stay and I would not hesitate using or recommending the hotel. I called on the morning of check out to request earlier room service however before asking, Sharlene asked me if I wanted it sent straight up since I was up- the team really go the extra mile - well done!! Really nice food and ample parking which is a premium in Aberdeen

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel whilst attending your companies annual dinner and dance. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you and all your colleagues and it was great to see all the efforts with your theme for the night pay off so well.

We strive to ensure all our guests receive our high level of quality and service we offer and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand

Thank you once again for your review and on behalf of all the team all the very best for Christmas and New Year and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in 2014

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I attended a "Pink Christmas Party" on the 10/12/13 and had an excellent evening. The meal was beautifully presented and served by efficient and friendly staff who were very helpful. The meal was followed by entertainment and dancing and a fun night was had by all. Would definitely recommed this hotel as a great venue for this type of event.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you had a wonderful evening last week at the pink annual Christmas Dinner. It was a pleasure to look after the group and I am delighted you all had the opportunity again this year to experience our high level of quality and service we offer.

On behalf of the team I would like to wish you all the very best for the Christmas and New Year and look forward to seeing you again in the hotel in 2014.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I recently booked a private party room for our family (22 people) to have our Christmas meal & drinks at the Palm Court in Aberdeen (14-12-13).

Firstly, the service we received from the waiters / waitresses was first class, they were always close by to keep us happy with drinks & any other requests we had.
Secondly, the whole party thought the meal was excellent, again with the service from the Palm Court.
To be honest this was my 3rd Christmas meal this year & it blew the other 2 parties out of the water. The size of the portions were superb & the food was delicious

The staff also took a music system into the room & played Christmas music during our meal which the kids enjoyed & I must admit a few of the older people in the party had a wee dance at the end of the night

The total bill at the end of the night was very reasonable for what we received

Speaking to the rest of my family the vibe I was getting is all will definitely book again for next year & possibly a night in the summer.

Also a big thank you to Scott Horner (Hotel Manager). He met my family at the reception & showed us to our room & informed us that if we needed anything that he & his team were available at all times, thanks Scott

Please let your staff & chef's know that our party are thankful for the work they put in to make our night very special

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your family Christmas Meal last weekend. It was a pleasure to look after your family.

We strive to ensure our quality and service we offer is of a high level at all times and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

Once again thank you for your review and on behalf of all the team here at the hotel all the very best for Christmas and New Year