“Great place for a function”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We held a Sunday lunch party in this hotel. Decor of the function room was lovely, staff were attentive and helpful and the food was excellent. We were made to feel very wecome and would recommend this venue for a function.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent event here at the hotel. It was a pleasure looking after you and your guests and giving you the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we offer our guests.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and on behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I organised a Retirement function for 24 people at the Palm Court. Function room beautifully decorated. 3 course meal excellent. Quick, friendly service. Staff very helpful. I had a great night and would definitely recommend Palm Court for any function, big or small. I'll definitely book a function room there again in the future.

Room Tip: Sorry did not stay overnight.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent event here at the hotel. We strive to ensure that all our guests within the hotel are offered our high level of quality and service we offer and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and they will be equally delighted you all had such a great time.

Thank you again for your review and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The Palm Court is in a suburb of Aberdeen, about an £8 taxi fare from Union Street. I was given Room 2, which is at the back of the hotel, next door to the kitchen and the bins. It is a most unusual room, more like a room in a private hospital than an hotel room. The bathroom was clearly designed for disabled people, including an emergency pull-cord. It was only when I went to bed that I realised that the twin beds were only about three inches off the floor. When I rolled over in bed during the night, my hands hit the floor, which was a first since scout camp. The wardrobe was narrow, and had decent hanging space, but no shelves for anything else. As a result, shirts and underwear were placed on top of the wardrobe. It was definitely one of the most bizarre hotel rooms I have ever experienced, and I slept very badly.
I did not eat in the hotel, because the menu was pretty uninspiring.
I did, however, have a drink and The Whisky Bar is obviously a well-known watering hotel for local oilmen and other businessmen. It was busy at 6 p.m. and equally busy at 10 p.m.
Staff were quite responsive and seemed mainly local.
It is a difficult place to dislike, because it is clearly popular and has some good features, but definitely avoid Room 2.

Room Tip: Don't touch Room 2.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bigal57

Good Evening

Thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay at the hotel. I can confirm that room 2 is indeed a disabled accessible room which we benefit greatly from in the hotel and are required to have within the hotel.

With regards to the bar I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your drink in the bar and had the opportunity to experience our local hospitality.

Once again that you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel where we can allocate an alternative room for you.

With Best Wishes for 2014

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

The Palm court is a great place to stay if you visit Aberdeen and the surrounding areas only a 10 minute drive from the centre.

We stayed over the New Year while visiting family and were given room 1 which was a nice room all be it a little noise, when we mentioned this to the manager who was very apologetic he said that he would move us to a quieter room,
We went out for the day and the new room was ready for us to move to by the time we got back from our day out.

All the rooms are very nicely set out with a nice shower and even a mini bar however they are a bit on the small side if you stay longer than a weekend, we were there for 4 nights and could have done with a little more space seeing as we had a lot of winter cloths as we visited Glenshee and some shopping but we managed ok.

All the staff are very friendly and accommodating with nothing being too much trouble.

The bar and restaurant have a great atmosphere and serve some good food you won’t be disappointed

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank landlw

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel . It was our pleasure to have you hear as our guests and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we offer.

I will pass your feedback onto the team at their weekly meeting and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to the hotel.

With Best Wishes.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Four star all the way, all of the staff at palm court bringing a new meaning to 'service with a smile'.
Scott Horner (Hotel Manager) is a credit to the company, a true gentleman, who was always the first to ensure that he or one of his dedicated team members could cater for our every need. Food and service in the bar & restaurant most certainly four star. At highly competitive rates, two nights and three whole days was over far too quickly, would highly recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Aberdeen and or the surrounding areas.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel. It was a pleasure having you here as our guests and you had the opportunity to experience the high level of quality and service we offer.

The team will be delighted to hear of your feedback and on behalf of us all we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

After a crazy sleepless New Years night in Edinburgh, the palm court hotel was perfect for us great location, beautiful homely room, amazing food and incredible service especially from Scott Honer who welcomed us and looked after us extremely well with such friendly service from him, we will defiantly look forward to returning again. Highly recommend ****

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the hotel. It was a pleasure having you here as our guests and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we offer.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My sister and I recently held a function as a surprise for our mother's 50th birthday. We hosted this party in the Hudson room, a perfect room to suit our numbers! We chose a 2 course meal, with 3 options for each course, allowing all our guests an ample choice for their dinner. The food was excellent, as said by all guests, I cannot fault the efforts from the kitchen.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and will all go out of their way in order to ensure every guest received the highest quality service. The organisation of the function was superb and every detail was taken into account and delivered to our very specific taste and requirements. The rooms which myself and a few of the guests stayed in were spacious and extremely comfortable.

I would recommend anyone to use the hotel for a function and I will continue to use the hotel for my upcoming functions. I cannot thank the staff of the hotel enough for the efforts in which they put in to ensure that my mother's 50th birthday was one which I'm sure she and her guests will never forget.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Happy New Year

Thank you for your review and I am delighted your mum's recent birthday celebrations were such a success and all your hard work and effort both your sister and yourself put in paid off to what was an incredible night for your mum. I am so pleased I have been able to contribute to the success of the evening and we wish your mum many more happy years to come.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards