“Wedding”

Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Wedding”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had our wedding here on 15th February 2013, Graham and all the staff could have not been more helpful. The setting for the wedding was superb and down to the last detail. Our day went without a hitch again thanks to Graham and his amazing staff.
The meal was excellent and all of of our guests commented on the size of the portions, they were massive dont know where he gets the chicken from but must have been on steroids.
The make you feel very welcome and nothing was to much trouble, his master of ceremonies is excellent.
This is a jewel in the crown and I would highly recommend to all who are contimpalting using this hotel for their big day.

Room Tip: The bridal suite excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bob G
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I hope you are indeed both keeping well and married life is treating you well.

It was an absolute pleasure looking after you and all your guests and I am delighted for you both that your day went so well.

I look forward to seeing you at the hotel in the near future.

Graham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
aberdeen
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Took my partner there for a meal. First of all didn't get told the soup or specials I had to ask. I ordered a ribeye steak and my partner had fish and chips. I didn't get asked how I wanted my steak cooked and it came out medium well. Chips was disgusting with lots of crispy overcooked ones was not impressed at all especially as I used to be a chef there years ago. The soup was really good though

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank gibbon37
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Good Morning

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

I appreciate you taking the time to bring to my attention your experience and how the service and quality fell short of our normal high standard. I will discuss with my relevant managers your comments to ensure this is a one off and lessons can be learned.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We held a Sunday lunch party in this hotel. Decor of the function room was lovely, staff were attentive and helpful and the food was excellent. We were made to feel very wecome and would recommend this venue for a function.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent event here at the hotel. It was a pleasure looking after you and your guests and giving you the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we offer our guests.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and on behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I organised a Retirement function for 24 people at the Palm Court. Function room beautifully decorated. 3 course meal excellent. Quick, friendly service. Staff very helpful. I had a great night and would definitely recommend Palm Court for any function, big or small. I'll definitely book a function room there again in the future.

Room Tip: Sorry did not stay overnight.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent event here at the hotel. We strive to ensure that all our guests within the hotel are offered our high level of quality and service we offer and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and they will be equally delighted you all had such a great time.

Thank you again for your review and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

London
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The Palm Court is in a suburb of Aberdeen, about an £8 taxi fare from Union Street. I was given Room 2, which is at the back of the hotel, next door to the kitchen and the bins. It is a most unusual room, more like a room in a private hospital than an hotel room. The bathroom was clearly designed for disabled people, including an emergency pull-cord. It was only when I went to bed that I realised that the twin beds were only about three inches off the floor. When I rolled over in bed during the night, my hands hit the floor, which was a first since scout camp. The wardrobe was narrow, and had decent hanging space, but no shelves for anything else. As a result, shirts and underwear were placed on top of the wardrobe. It was definitely one of the most bizarre hotel rooms I have ever experienced, and I slept very badly.
I did not eat in the hotel, because the menu was pretty uninspiring.
I did, however, have a drink and The Whisky Bar is obviously a well-known watering hotel for local oilmen and other businessmen. It was busy at 6 p.m. and equally busy at 10 p.m.
Staff were quite responsive and seemed mainly local.
It is a difficult place to dislike, because it is clearly popular and has some good features, but definitely avoid Room 2.

Room Tip: Don't touch Room 2.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bigal57
Good Evening

Thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay at the hotel. I can confirm that room 2 is indeed a disabled accessible room which we benefit greatly from in the hotel and are required to have within the hotel.

With regards to the bar I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your drink in the bar and had the opportunity to experience our local hospitality.

Once again that you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel where we can allocate an alternative room for you.

With Best Wishes for 2014

Liverpool
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

The Palm court is a great place to stay if you visit Aberdeen and the surrounding areas only a 10 minute drive from the centre.

We stayed over the New Year while visiting family and were given room 1 which was a nice room all be it a little noise, when we mentioned this to the manager who was very apologetic he said that he would move us to a quieter room,
We went out for the day and the new room was ready for us to move to by the time we got back from our day out.

All the rooms are very nicely set out with a nice shower and even a mini bar however they are a bit on the small side if you stay longer than a weekend, we were there for 4 nights and could have done with a little more space seeing as we had a lot of winter cloths as we visited Glenshee and some shopping but we managed ok.

All the staff are very friendly and accommodating with nothing being too much trouble.

The bar and restaurant have a great atmosphere and serve some good food you won’t be disappointed

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank landlw
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel . It was our pleasure to have you hear as our guests and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we offer.

I will pass your feedback onto the team at their weekly meeting and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to the hotel.

With Best Wishes.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Four star all the way, all of the staff at palm court bringing a new meaning to 'service with a smile'.
Scott Horner (Hotel Manager) is a credit to the company, a true gentleman, who was always the first to ensure that he or one of his dedicated team members could cater for our every need. Food and service in the bar & restaurant most certainly four star. At highly competitive rates, two nights and three whole days was over far too quickly, would highly recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Aberdeen and or the surrounding areas.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay here at the hotel. It was a pleasure having you here as our guests and you had the opportunity to experience the high level of quality and service we offer.

The team will be delighted to hear of your feedback and on behalf of us all we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.