“Christmas Day”

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
“Christmas Day”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Had our Christmas Day lunch, food good service good and the tables were beautifully dressed.Kerry Thomson persuaded us to stay for the entertainment , glad she did because it just our day perfect. Have also been to many funeral teas which have been very nice again due to. Kerry and her team.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas Day celebrations here with us at the hotel.

We strive to ensure our high quality and service is offered to all our guests and we are delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass your feedback onto the team, in particular Kerry and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Graham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

We had Christmas Day Lunch at the hotel, great food, great entertainment and a great day out. The welcome and attention we received from Kerry Thomson (manager?) and her team was first class and really made us feel special. We are definitely booking up for next year.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had such an enjoyable meal with us on Christmas Day. We are delighted how our festivities went this past year and we can only build on the success as we progress in 2014.

I will pass your feedback onto Kerry who will be delighted to hear of your experience.

Thank you once again for your review, all the very best for 2014 and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I booked Afternoon Tea for myself and 10 friends for my birthday. As we were a large party we were offered a private function at no extra cost, and it made it very special. The room was beautifully set up with vintage crockery, lovely flowers and amazing sandwiches and sweet treats. We had a nice girl serve us prosecco and tea on arrival and she came back to check on us every so often, but we were left mainly to get on with things ourselves which was really nice. All of the food was really tasty and we couldn't even finish it. Every staff member I spoke to from booking the event, right through to on the day were very polite and extremely helpful. Both myself and my friends will definitely be back - thank you for making it such a special day! Amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent afternoon tea celebrations here at the hotel. These are becoming more and more popular and your feedback is essential for us to ensure we are meeting with the guests expectations.

I will pass your feedback onto Stephanie who looked after you last week who will be delighted to hear you all enjoyed yourselves.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Graham .
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had our wedding here on 15th February 2013, Graham and all the staff could have not been more helpful. The setting for the wedding was superb and down to the last detail. Our day went without a hitch again thanks to Graham and his amazing staff.
The meal was excellent and all of of our guests commented on the size of the portions, they were massive dont know where he gets the chicken from but must have been on steroids.
The make you feel very welcome and nothing was to much trouble, his master of ceremonies is excellent.
This is a jewel in the crown and I would highly recommend to all who are contimpalting using this hotel for their big day.

Room Tip: The bridal suite excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bob G
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I hope you are indeed both keeping well and married life is treating you well.

It was an absolute pleasure looking after you and all your guests and I am delighted for you both that your day went so well.

I look forward to seeing you at the hotel in the near future.

aberdeen
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Took my partner there for a meal. First of all didn't get told the soup or specials I had to ask. I ordered a ribeye steak and my partner had fish and chips. I didn't get asked how I wanted my steak cooked and it came out medium well. Chips was disgusting with lots of crispy overcooked ones was not impressed at all especially as I used to be a chef there years ago. The soup was really good though

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank gibbon37
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Good Morning

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.

I appreciate you taking the time to bring to my attention your experience and how the service and quality fell short of our normal high standard. I will discuss with my relevant managers your comments to ensure this is a one off and lessons can be learned.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We held a Sunday lunch party in this hotel. Decor of the function room was lovely, staff were attentive and helpful and the food was excellent. We were made to feel very wecome and would recommend this venue for a function.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent event here at the hotel. It was a pleasure looking after you and your guests and giving you the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we offer our guests.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and on behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I organised a Retirement function for 24 people at the Palm Court. Function room beautifully decorated. 3 course meal excellent. Quick, friendly service. Staff very helpful. I had a great night and would definitely recommend Palm Court for any function, big or small. I'll definitely book a function room there again in the future.

Room Tip: Sorry did not stay overnight.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent event here at the hotel. We strive to ensure that all our guests within the hotel are offered our high level of quality and service we offer and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and they will be equally delighted you all had such a great time.

Thank you again for your review and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.