“Training class in Aberdeen”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Sweet hotel with posh location in a calm residental area 5 min drive from down town Aberdeen and Union Street. We attended a 5 day training class held at the hotel. At arrival we got a nice impression of a classic older style hotel with nicely decorated and modern rooms. All service was good and we normally had all meals in-house. The resturant held good food quality, but a more common UK variation in flavors and dishes. Overall a plesent experience :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Autofilo
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Good Evening

Thanks you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay whilst attending a training course here at the hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the hospitality that we offered both with the food and the service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Aberdeen.

There are newer reviews for Palm Court Hotel

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked a private room at the Palm Court for a birthday lunch to celebrate my mum's 80th birthday. I would like you to know that the service and attention we received was first class. The table was set the way we wanted with a lovely flower arrangement on the centre. Our waiter who was called Mark Rose attended to us very well. He made sure we all had a drink and served our food expertly and did not interfere with our party but was there if we needed anything - he even boxed up our spare pieces of cake for mum to take home!
The food was also vey good - all hot and tasty - absolutely no complaints.
We all enjoyed the afternoon especially mum as it was a surprise for her, a very nice one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Good Evening Wendy

Thank you for your review and I am delighted your mums recent birthday celebration went so well and she enjoyed her surprise. It was great for you to have all your family together and I am pleased that we played a role in ensuring the level of service and quality we offered was to our normal high level.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I just want to say...... What a FANTASTIC venue!!!! We had our wedding day there on friday 18 April. Our bridesmaids and I stayed over the thursday night, from the minute we stepped into the Palm Court we were PAMPERED!!! Graham Urquhart did everything and more to make us comfortable. The day of our wedding was totally relaxed! :) Margaret (Head Housekeeper) was brilliant, she gave us robes and flip flops to allow us to lounge in while getting ready, as well as taking care of our personal things for us once we were ready to leave the room.
The Ceremony, Meal and Reception was outstanding!!!
All our guests complimented on our day as being one of the best weddings they had attended quoting great organisation, relaxed atmosphere, laughter and the banter throughout the whole day and I have to say we put it all down to the Exceptional Staff. I have no qualms whatsoever in recommending the 'Palm Court Hotel' Aberdeen and admit had I known the day would run as smoothly as it did we would have married sooner!!!!
We can't thank Graham and the Team enough for making our Wedding Day the Day it was.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Good Evening Kathleen and Neil

Hope you are well and enjoying married life. Many congratulations once again and thank you so much for your review. It was such a pleasure looking after you on your big day and I am delighted along with your guests you had just such a fantastic time.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and I am so proud of them on how loyal they are and dedicated to ensure that all our guests within the hotel are looked after to the best of their ability.

Thank you once again and i look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was at a n 80th birthday lunch 4/5, we were in a private room. Table lovely set, vases supplied for gifted flowers (thoughtful touch). Our waiter Mark Rose very friendly and attentive without being intrusive, nothing too much trouble. Often when you are in a private room you can be forgotten about but not at the palm court . Meal was really good. A happy time was had by all. Thank you

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a great afternoon here at the hotel at the weekend for the birthday celebrations.

We strive to offer all our guests a high level of quality and service and I am pleased that you have had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Where do I start.....
From the minute we arrived at hotel the staff were excellent. My mother was preparing flowers until the early hours of Saturday morning and the staff were ensuring we had a plentiful supply of refreshments! Big shout out to Scott and Graham who really do make you feel at ease, they ensured our wedding day went to plan and bent over backwards to help us. I could not fault a single thing about the Palm Court Hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and many congratulations again on your wedding last week. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you and we are delighted you and all your guests had such a great day. We strive to ensure that all our couples have the highest level of service and quality and we are so pleased you had the opportunity to experience this first hand .

I will pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had my hen night in the private dining room here on Saturday night and I couldn't have had it at a more perfect place. The food was delicious and we didn't have to wait long for it at all, this was impressive considering there was also a wedding reception in full flow. The service was the best i have ever experienced and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had Euan and Murray serving us and providing the cocktail demonstration, these guys were very polite and nothing was too much trouble. They were a lot of fun and a big hit with the girls! They were also great at helping my sister and mum set up the room beforehand with all the lovely decorations. Sharlene is the sales manager and she was a great help from the moment the booking was made, up until the night of the party. Very efficient and quick at responding to any queries we had.

I can't fault the hotel on anything and it would definitely be the first place i recommend for any type of function

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you to read how much you enjoyed your hen dinner here at the hotel last weekend. It was a pleasure to look after you and all your guests and we now very much look forward to your wedding in a few weeks, We will ensure your day is such a good and memorable day.

Take care and as always anything else you require assistance with be sure to ask.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a charming hotel with lovely and helpful staff. The reception staff were special nice with us. Our room was clean but it was too noisy, because of the function room was so close. We couldn't sleep so well, but at least the breakfast with the fresh coffee/ tea and the english menu made our morning.
Thank you for the service for all managers and hard working staff! See you next time!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Morning

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and you enjoyed the hospitality. I apologise for the over excitement of the wedding guests within the hotel who appeared to be having such a wonderful day.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future,