“Convenient location and good rooms”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Sydney, Australia
“Convenient location and good rooms”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here for four nights in April during a family visit to Aberdeen. Rooms, restaurant and bar were very nice and all the staff were friendly and helpful.Parking was a bonus for our hire car although the car park gets full when they have functions. The hotel is on a bus route and you can walk into town if reasonably fit. The lovely Johnstone Gardens are a short walk away. Rooms at the back can be noisy if you want to open your window.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room over the road at the rear as it gets busy from early morning
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the hotel. We strive to ensure all our guests receive our high level of quality and service we offer and I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

I will pass your feedback to the team at there weekly meeting and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Graham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
south wales
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights to attend a friends wedding. Fantastic from arrival to leaving.service in bar was exceptional treated like royalty from all members. Breakfast was to die for,full English and Scottish with haggis lovely and the usual cereals and pastries. Friends wedding went very smoothly and was a delight,all staff made the day for our friends and guests a very pleasurable day. Would without a doubt stay here again and for anyone looking for a wedding venue in this area look no further.

Room Tip: Room four was very well decorated and quiet. Not the best view but looking at other friends room fee...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoy the recent wedding at the hotel. We have been just so busy over the past few weeks with weddings and it is so great to see so many people having such a wonderful time.

I am delighted you had the opportunity to experience our high level of quality and service we offer and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Scotland
Reviewed 25 May 2014

It was my Hen night organised by my two bridesmaids , The cocktail demonstration and making and 3 course dinner. There was nothing to fault. In the run up to the night my bridesmaids tell me the staff couldn't have been more helpful and flexible in how the night would run. The two brave young men Murray and Ewan were very professional in demonstrating the cocktails, despite the hecklers and made the evening go with a flow (of fab cocktails), helping all 20 of us become experts! Mark, the barman, taking the drink orders, which was no mean feat, was full of fun and very entertaining. All the food was lovely, it was hot and very well presented, everyone in the party commented on it . So the cocktail and dinner party night at the Palm Court was the talk of the Toon for a good few days. I can highly recommend it for everyone, so enjoyable ( the age range of the party was 22- 65 , drinkers and non-drinkers) - great fun , great staff, great venue, great food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Falconhoof
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I hope you are very much looking forward to your forthcoming wedding, it is such a shame we had no availability to accommodate and look after you on your big day. I am however delighted to hear the guys all made your hen dinner such a special evening and the pride the take in making sure you have a good time gives me great confidence.

I will pass on your feedback to the guys when I see them at the weekend and look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.

All the very best for the big day.

St Monans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Had the most amazing time yesterday at cousin's wedding. From start to finish the service was outstanding. A hotel not far away from me could do to visit and learn something, even housekeeping were fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed the recent wedding you attended at the hotel. Indeed it was a pleasure looking after you all last weekend and I am delighted you all had such a great time.

I will pass on your feedback to the staff who will be so happy they have provided the bride and groom with a life time of memories.

With Best Wishes and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a small wedding for 15 guests in one of the private rooms. I can not thank Graham and Sheena enough for the day/evening they delivered. From the beautiful table they arranged, the excellent meal and the helpful attentive staff. The bedrooms are not big but they are spotless and have every conceivable thing you might need plus the beds are very comfortable and the breakfast is spot on. If you are organizing an event I would not look past this venue it has it all. Many thanks to the staff again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Good Evening

Thank you for your review and many congratulations once again on your recent marriage. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you and your guests and I am delighted you all such such a wonderful day.

It was our absolute pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

For the past two years I have been holding consultation days for my stationery business at the Palm Court Hotel, Aberdeen. With meetings arranged for once or twice each month. At all times I have been very impressed with every aspect of the service at the hotel. Graham, Scott, their management team and all other staff members have made me very welcome. The hotel has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Nothing appears to be 'too much trouble' and help and advice is always on hand. Even when the staff have to cope with several functions on one day they still have a cheery smile and willing attitude. I would strongly reccommend this hotel for any occasion - celebration or business. I can't thank them enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Good Morning

Thank you for your review and it has been a pleasure having you here at the hotel over the past couple of years, cant quite believe how time has passed by so quickly.

I am also delighted that you have now managed to secure your own shop now and we wish you every success in your expanding business.

We very much still look forward to seeing you around and i am sure we will see you back at the hotel in the not too distant future

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Sweet hotel with posh location in a calm residental area 5 min drive from down town Aberdeen and Union Street. We attended a 5 day training class held at the hotel. At arrival we got a nice impression of a classic older style hotel with nicely decorated and modern rooms. All service was good and we normally had all meals in-house. The resturant held good food quality, but a more common UK variation in flavors and dishes. Overall a plesent experience :-)

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Autofilo
GrahamUrquhart, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Good Evening

Thanks you for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay whilst attending a training course here at the hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the hospitality that we offered both with the food and the service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Aberdeen.