This hotel is in a great location-off the main shopping street facing lovely city gardens. The staff particular those in reception were friendly and professional from start to finish. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room on the 4th floor which was spacious, spotless with a great open view out onto city.The room had everything you needed. Shower was excellent. Being an older building we enjoyed the grand staircase and interesting public rooms downstairs-all recently refurbished by the looks of it and gives off a welcoming feel. Breakfast was buffet style and you could sit anywhere over 3 areas. Very good choice and the food was very fresh. We got a very good deal on this hotel made sweeter by how good a place this is to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel, is perfectly placed for exploring handsome, vibrant Aberdeen, known to the world as the Granite City. Located in the centre of Aberdeen, overlooking Union Terrace Gardens and five-minute walk from the railway station, The Caledonian Hotel is a grand example of the city's distinctive Victorian architecture. It's close to many local attractions, and an excellent base for touring the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Caledonian, Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- The Hotel Aberdeen
- Caledonian Thistle
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel Scotland