Our bedroom and the public areas all looked like they had been recently done up. The bed was very comfy and the room was spotless. The location of the hotel right in the heart of Aberdeen is excellent. We had a lovely view from our window over the gardens. There was a bit of noise at night which is to be expected when in such a central location. The old sash and case windows are not good at insulating noise but they look so much nicer than PVC ones and it is really good to see the hotel keeping some of the original features during modernisation. There was always plenty of space in the carpark at the rear of the hotel. My only complaint is a design fault with the shower guard which did not cover enough of the edge of the bath and meant the floor flooded everytime we showered. Will definitely stay here if we come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel, is perfectly placed for exploring handsome, vibrant Aberdeen, known to the world as the Granite City. Located in the centre of Aberdeen, overlooking Union Terrace Gardens and five-minute walk from the railway station, The Caledonian Hotel is a grand example of the city's distinctive Victorian architecture. It's close to many local attractions, and an excellent base for touring the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Lastminute, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Caledonian, Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- The Hotel Aberdeen
- Caledonian Thistle
- Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel Scotland