“Friendly, clean, good service ~lovely room ♡”

Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel
Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Beautiful suite, clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff........(little noisy late at night but not too bad for city centre hotel) good parking for guests at rear of hotel.....nice location for shops and theatre.
Would definitely be going back to stay soon ♡

• Stayed: July 2014
Colin G, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear cmarcar,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review on your recent stay.

It was great to read you rated us 5 stars for all aspects! I am glad you found your suite to be beautiful and clean and our staff friendly, something we pride ourselves on.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our free overnight parking, a real bonus for a city centre hotel.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is one the best I have stayed in the staff are so nice and helpful I would recommend it to any one not sure of the prices but you get value for money the food and the rooms are so good if you have to stay in Aberdeen I would recommend you give it a try kind regards Tony Fendley

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your excellent 5 star review on your stay with us.

I am glad you had such a good stay and its fantastic to hear that you rate us as one of the nicest hotels you have stayed in. What an honour.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is an ideal central hotel for business or pleasure. Very spacious & modern compared to other Thistle Hotels we have stayed in. Very reasonably priced for a weekend. Only problem is the parking, car park is far too small for the amount of residents.

Room Tip: Don't know how our room compared to others, but it was very spacious & spotlessly clean. The...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear figo934,

Thank you for your kind review.

Its great to hear you found your room spacious and our city centre location excellent.

We are one of very few hotels left in the city who offers complimentary parking to our residents. We have 20 spaces which are used on a first come first serve basis.

KInd Regards

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this for my neighbor who was locked out of her home with her 4 year old son on a Sunday evening, with no way to get back in until the next day. The receptionist was rude to us from the moment we arrived. I'd booked online but it hadn't come through their system yet so she asked me to forward the booking to them. I asked how to spell the email address, I explained that I was asking because I'm dyslexic. She shouted at me "CAL-E-DON-I-A" like I was stupid. I told her how I was spelling it and asked if that was correct. She snapped "yes" very roughly. Ten minutes later it wasn't through I asked her to spell out the email address for me again, explaining again that I'm dyslexic. This time (and not un-begrudgingly) she did - it was completely different from how I'd spelled it the first time. The rest of the conversation with her was also very poor - everything seemed to be a hassle to her. I phoned and complained to a manager who said he'd call me back. A week later I still haven't heard anything. Worst customer service ever - avoid this hotel if you can!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy L
Colin G, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Cathy L,

Thank you for your review.

I was sorry to read you were displeased with our team on this occassion. I am sure as you can see our team are seldomly crticised for their friendly and welcoming approach.

The person who handled your call has been named on here personally on a number of occassions for her excellent customer service and was therefor keen to establish what happened.

Having spoken with both the member of staff and the manager on duty who spoke wth you they both confirmed a very fuzzy telephone reception during their conversations which may go some way as to explaining the situation.

If however you would like to dicuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on colin.gunn@thistle.co.uk

Reviewed 25 July 2014

From a warm welcome at reception to one of the best breakfasts I have had in a hotel (Good choice and HAGGIS :) ) this hotel is very comfortable, modern and clean. Great bed and stunning view out of the window (i think its a delux room, one up from the standard)

Good wifi and free easy to find parking (round the back) Right at lights and first right again.

Good value good hotel

I hope this helps

Dear Adam1111_11,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and giving us 5 stars!

Its great to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with it looks like Haggis topping the bill but glad you took advantage of our free fibreoptic wifi and car park too.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Thank you to all the lovely staff,who made our stay in Aberdeen so perfect. Food lovely presentation lovely,location ideal,bars restaurants,theatre all within 5 minute walk.
Good size car park(under lock & key). When arrived a smiling member of staff insisted on helping my wife with her luggage,Joanne(head housekeeper),overheard my wife asking for extra pillows,she came to our room with us and carried my wife's luggage,personally inspected our room,asked how firm my wife would like her pillows,she was amazing.
Every member of staff were helpful,would have no hesitation in coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try a Suite King
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Colin G, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear gordon k,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us 5 out of 5 on your recent visit.

Its fantastic to read that the team went above and beyond to ensure you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Joanne was delighted that you mentioned her in your review as she remembers you both well from your visit.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is well located in the city center and a short walk from the rail station. The property is a typical business hotel with adequate rooms. The staff was very helpful and professional. If you need a location in the city center, this hotel will work just fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jan_from_Atlanta
Colin G, Manager at Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Jan_from_Atlanta,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

I am glad you found the hotel to be convenient for your needs, being in the very centre of the city it is one of our main advantages. I was happy to read that our excellent team of staff looked after you too.