“Very good”

Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Yorkshire
“Very good”
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

The welcome was very good and informative the room tidy and clean on both days, wifi was only free for 30mins, when will UK hotels learn from the US?

The area is good although traffic at peak times is horrendous as it is any where in Aberdeen.

Food was excellent I ate in the bar both nights and it was goos service, unhurried and food quality was excellent although a little pricey.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your time and reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you have found our rooms and service satisfying. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing that we could do about the traffic :) however I will certainly pass you comment regarding our WI FI to our management - we do value your opinion.

Once again thank you for your comments and I do hope to see you soon at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen Exhibition Centre

Many thanks
Reservations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Forfar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2012

As a regular at Holiday Inns i am pleased to say that yet again they have made me a very happy customer.On arrival being a priority club platinum member we were upgraded to the Donside suite which was bright, spacious and very well equipped.The only downside was the bar meal the pakoras were like bricks and the chicken in the curry was not very nice.After a comfortable nights sleep breakfast was great and the staff were lovely we would definently stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can book a suite.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

It is always fantastic to receive such a great feedback and although your meal was not entirely up to scratch I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay. I have already passed your comment to all my collegues and I can assure you that they will all be proud. I will also make sure that your comment about your dining experiance is discussed and issues raised addressed and resolved.

Once again thank you for your time - I am looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.

Many thanks
Nottingham
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Spacious room, all the mod cons and good en-suite. Clean, comfy bed with a selection of soft-firm pillows to allow you to settle in for the night. Friendly welcoming staff too.

Good road access to Aberdeen so within 10 mins by car or 30 mins on foot you could see the sights. Conference centre is immediately next door so perfect if you're doing something there.

Room Tip: Rooms on North side (front of hotel) have road noise BUT windows are good at keeping this to a accep...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all my colleagues here at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen Exhibition Centre I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor.

It is great to receive such a positive feedback especially that you have found our customer services satisfactory - we all believe it is the most important part of our guests experiance.
I am also delighted that you appreciated our pillow menu service which is a IHG brand standard.

Once again let me thank you for your comment and assure you that we are all looking for an opportunity to welcome you back and have you as our guest.

Kilwinning, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My wife and I spent a lovely weekend here, hotel and bedroom spotless, the food and service was first class, nothing was a bother to the staff, we were looked after like royalty. This was the sixth time that we have stayed here, bus stop at the door into city centre, great shopping good pubs,nice people, who could ask for more. Roll on our next visit.

Room Tip: Try a room facing the back of hotel,the road at the front can be quite noisy with traffic, especiall...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor.

I am absolutely delighted to see that you and your wife did enjoy your weekend with us - it is always fantastic to receive such a great feedback especially from your regular guests. We will all be looking forward to welcome you back in foreseeable future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kinf regards
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Another great visit to this Hotel. Staff very helpful, rooms very good - all round excellent

Room Tip: I try and stay on top floor - best views!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with others on Tripadvisor.
The bit that I am really proud of is such positive comment about our staff and services as we all truly believe here that it is the personal interaction with our customers that is the most important part of our jobs.

Once again, thank you for you comment and I am looking forward to wlcome you back at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here for 1 night whilst seeing a show at the exhibition centre. Found the room to be spacious, clean and very good. Bathroom very clean, shower was powerful and plenty of hot water. Tea/Coffee facilities good. There were 3 of us and we were pleased to find a double bed and a single bed, usually have sofa bed in other hotels so was nice to have a real bed as the 3rd ! Mattress fairly firm and comfy, choice of pillows. One of us forgot toothbrush so reception gladly provided one. Ideal location for the exhibition centre, 1-2 mins walk. Hotel was busy but no noise was heard at all. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: we overlooked car park but still heard no noise
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
K_Parchimowicz, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking the time and reviewing our property on Tripadvisor allowing other guest to know about your positive experience.
I am delighted to see that you have found our service as well as our bedrooms satisfactory and I truly hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back in future.

On behalf on the whole team at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen Exhibition Centre allow me to thank you once more.

With Kind regards
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, as we were going to a gig at the AECC. The location to the AECC is perfect a 2 minute walk. The hotel was clean and tidy, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The bedrooms had everything you could ask for. The only down side is the price of the food. We found it very expensive for what they were offering, so we ate outwith the hotel. If we were going to another event at the AECC then we would totally stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise as you have to pass the lower rooms to get to the lifts.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.

I am glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being located next to the Aberdeen Exhibition Centre makes the hotel very convenient for attending concerts and events at the AECC venue next door.
I do also appreciate a comment in regards to our food prices - I will pass it on to our Operations Manager to allow him to take it into consideration.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming back to the hotel on your next visit.

Krzysztof Parchiowicz