“Breakfast Buffet is Superior”

Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre
Ranked #52 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Houston, Texas
“Breakfast Buffet is Superior”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Room is consistent with business travel rooms of similar price. Courteous counter. Breakfast buffet well staffed with pleasant people and good range of offerings (includes haggis and other local specialties). Location is a small ways from town.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Ross A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear facorsig

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing guests with excellent customer service so it is nice to hear you experienced this.

If you are staying with us in the future and would like to travel into town, please do not hesitate to speak to a reception team member who will be happy to give you advice on the best way to do so.

Kind regards
Ross Andrews
Reservations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We booked the restaurant on a Sunday night as a treat. However we were very disappointed with the service. We were shown to a table and waited at least 10 minutes before anyone approached out table. In a restaurant with only 3 occupied tables this is unacceptable. Throughout the evening we waited long periods of time before anyone came back to our table. Thankfully the food was wonderful which helped to make up for the dreadful service. Unfortunately we we significantly overcharged on our bill which was amended after we queried it. We will most definitely not return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ross A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hi Vicsged

I would like to apologise for the poor service you experienced in our restaurant at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, this is unacceptable. I will investigate this as excellent customer service is highly important to us.

I hope you will return to our restaurant in the future to give us the opportunity to provide our usual good service to match our high standard of food.

Kind regards
Ross Andrews

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Turriff, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Only stayed one night but very pleased with everything, had a meal at the bar which was good and breakfast in the morning with plenty choice for both places,staff polite and helpful for the time we were there, we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth H
Preston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Expectations were higher than normal when booking in with the high room rate, however my expectations were not met from the start.

With this being one of two Holiday Inns ( other one being an Express) I did expect an above average room, what I actually got was a generic room with not even a biscuit on the drinks tray.

The room clean, but was, in my opinion, small in width, with the bed length taking almost the width of the room, the desk chair becoming problematic if pulled out as it used up the all the space left at the end of the bed.

I ordered room service and I got, even with a simple selection, a very poor meal of which I left most of it being cold, I didn't complain, but I should have done on reflection.

The room was clean, the bed comfortable, but without free WiFi I had to resort to a meagre 3G connectivity for talking to loved ones.

I slept well, with little noise, considering the ground floor room, the bathroom well stocked with product for use in the shower.

Breakfast was good with a reasonable selection buffet service and lots of hot coffee and papers.

Would I stay again, no, I could not genuinely recommend this hotel for anyone to use their own money to stay, I was fortunate as my company was picking up the bill!

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Simon C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the layout of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Although I was only booked for one night and having stayed in numerous Holiday Inns over the years, I can advised that this is one of the cleanest and friendly ones I have stayed in. The staff were very approuchable and the breakfast which was served between 6.30 to11am was excellant and plentyfull. If you wish a first class experience when visiting Aberdeen then this is the ideal place.

• Stayed October 2012
Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2013

When I booked online I didn't realise this place was so far away from anything. It is too far out of town to walk to a local restaurant or business centre and staff said there wasn't much around except some local bars. I had the flu when I arrived so didn't really want to drive anywhere and I booked for two nights to recoup. I ordered room service the first night which was ok but the girl dropping it off gave me a down her nose kind of look when I answered the door in my flannel pjs.... I knew I should have worn my evening gown!

Rooms: average size, nice bath room with a bath! For some reason the rooms and main areas were really stuffy even though the heat wasn't on (this was confirmed by other non-flu infected guests). Beds were comfy. So if you're coming in late and leaving early I guess this hotel would suffice for a one nighter.

Charging for wifi is a pet hate of mine. They offer a free 30 minutes but if you have some work or holiday planning to do this is obviously not enough. For the price you pay for the room you would expect wifi to be included. This is an obvious way for them to squeeze more dollars from their already overpaying visitors (they also have an overpriced pay per movie offer on your television).

I have to admit that the pea ham soup starter was really nice, everything else including breakfast was standard. I had mixed experiences with the staff, some in the restaurant were very friendly and genuine but some at the bar and reception were so very fake or bordering on rude. When I left the robot at reception did not make eye contact when she told me "enjoy your onward journey" in an emotionless monotone. Those last words kind of sums up my whole Holiday Inn experience.

I will not stay in another Holiday Inn by choice. I'll support small business and local economy in future.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was hot and stuffy and close to street so you didn't feel safe leaving the win...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear TravellingWales,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding food selection.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding location and the internet charges. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Ponteland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

No better than a premier inn just more expensive. Food was ok, rooms clean but looking tired. Breakfast again was nothing to write about. However for a reduced rate of £150 with additional for wifi this just did not look good value against premier inns

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Karl H,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D