“Enjoyable Stay”

Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre
Ranked #56 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a course.
The room was clean and modern. Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The bathroom and shower were fine but a bit tired looking.
The room was freezing but I stuck the heater on and half an hour later, roasting.
I didn`t eat in the restaurant for dinner, but should have as there`s nowhere close by.
I had the breakfast which was really nice and there was loads of it.
Parking is ample and free and the staff are pretty friendly.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you are at this end of town as the traffic is a nightmare.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Ross A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Simon J

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed it.

We encourage our staff to be as friendly as possible in order to make sure guests have a pleasant stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here for 10 days on business. Excellent clean rooms, quick check in and good service overall. The breakfast is very basic with almost no change. Front desk was helpful and room service was prompt. Nothing much nearby and so makes sense to stay only if your workplace is nearby. City is 20 mins from here by cab. Overall, highly recommended.

1  Thank Suddu85
Ross A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Suddu85

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel.

We aim to provide every guest with a high standard of customer service and provide a pleasant stay for all, it is always nice to hear that we are achieving this.

I hope you see you back for your next business meeting.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

While your colleagues sit in traffic jams and battle through the wind and rain, you can stroll from the hotel to the AECC in comfort. The rooms are fine - comfortable and quiet enough for a good night's sleep. Breakfast is excellent, with a wide choice and friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant has a good choice and you can eat well, though it's not fine dining. Only the all-pervading smell of tea in the lobby is a mystery!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Ross A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Aquaactionimage

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn - Aberdeen Exhibition Centre. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed it.

Our aim is that all guests experience an all round great stay from the rooms to the breakfast, it is pleasing to see that we are achieving this.

I hope to see you back at another event soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This has to be the worst holiday inn I've stayed in. The room was not particularly welcoming. It was old and worn out. The bathroom in desperate need of decorating. The room didn't even gave black out curtains. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a room without blackout curtains. Poor quality mattress resulting in poor sleep.
On a plus point, the guy that served me at breakfast was very polite. The food at breakfast was also very good.
If i stay in this area again I'll stay in the holiday inn express.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Ross A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Airfish1

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time here.

I will be sure to look into the concerns you have raised and try to rectify the problems as soon as possible.

Thank you for your comments regarding the breakfast staff, we always aim to provide excellent customer service so I will be sure to pass this on.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I Stayed with our friends after the company ball. Had lots of drinks in the bar after 1am. friendly bar staffs. It was excellent. Room was very clean and tidy. Amazing breakfast. will stay there in future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Carlos N, Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guru8707

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning to stay with us again in the future. I will pass on your comments to my kitchen and bar staff.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel has good points and bad. Check in was quick and easy with a friendly receptionist. Rooms are basic but made it my own in the week I was there. Reception booked my taxi every morning and made my journeys easy. Breakfast has a wide range and I tried something different every morning. The breakfast girl remembered my room number by half way through the week and was really friendly which is nice to see while staying in a busy hotel where you normally get a robotic speech every day, had good conversation each morning as she asked how my dinner was the evening before and if I had a busy day planned. The down points would be the gentleman that served me my coffee every morning without fail would spill it on the table and was dressed rather scruffy with his uniform un tucked and large boots on. While the girl that greeted me in the morning couldn't be happier when I came down at night time I was greeted by another young girl with glasses who seemed like she wanted to be somewhere else! The food made up for the waiting staff short falls as I saw everyone else getting offered bread apart from myself. waited a good 15minuets before being asked what I wanted to drink. I believe the reception manager helped me through my check out again asking how my stay was and what my day had in store. It was great to have a normal conversation with staff as when I stay elsewhere they all have the same speech.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HolidayLover199
Ross A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear HolidayLover199

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, we go out of our way to ensure every guest is made to feel at home as much as possible. It is always nice to hear comments that show this is being carried out.

I will pass on your comments to our staff members and also review the issues you had in our restaurant.

We hope you see you again in the future!

Ross Andrews

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I cannot complain about the general fabric of this hotel, the unhelpful receptionist was another matter, I booked an over night stay in this hotel direct with holiday inn, my wife and I went to breakfast after a pleasant enough sleep, we were greeted at the restaurant by a sullen looking member of staff, she took our names and room number and told us to help ourselves to breakfast. As we were about to make toast the young lady who took our name and room number came over to my wife and I and informed us that we had not paid for breakfast and we had to report to the receptionist. The receptionist showed no compassion or a willingness to help what so ever, it was like a scene from little Britain, the computer says no. The receptionist was adamant that I had not booked or paid for breakfast even although the price I paid for my room was more than the basic rate with breakfast, she quite vocally informed me it was me who had made a mistake and I should have checked before hand, this receptionist who is the face of holiday inn did nothing to help the situation she seemed more intent making a paying customer feel uncomfortable. Luckily I had a copy of my booking conformation in my room which did confirm the computer and the less than helpful receptionist were wrong, unfortunately I did not enjoy or eat a breakfast as the whole incident had left a bitter taste in my mouth. After this disgraceful event one of my colleagues who witnessed the whole incident said he found it hard to believe that a paying customer should be treated or spoken to in such a manner

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Ross A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Pete8564

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy it and would like to apologise for the issue you experienced.

We take negative comments very seriously and will look to retrain our staff on the procedure of how to discover what is included in the rate and also how to put this across to our guests.

Ross Andrews