“So convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Clackmannan, United Kingdom
“So convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Attending SNP conference with Husband who had his arm in a plaster cast, I was so glad that I had booked this hotel as it is literally next door to the conference centre. Good room with sea view, huge comfortable bed and so grateful that it was a 'smoking permitted' room, with a great big HD TV, as we were unable to venture out in the evening. Enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the 2 dinners but thought the prices were on the high side, especially £5.10 for a small glass of house white. Would stay there again but maybe pack our own bottle of wine!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ross A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Sheenaf,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here with us. I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the future and we hope his arm makes a speedy recovery.

Nikki Haddow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cupar, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Was at the snp spring conference in conference centre, which is just next door to hotel. Big comfy bed, choice of pillows, great water pressure on shower. Buffet style breakfast with good range of food.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ross A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Karen S

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us.

It is always pleasing to hear we are meeting guest's expectations in so many ways.

I hope you will return the next time you are attending a conference.

Ross Andrews
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel when we were attending a wedding in the area. The Bride had arranged a deal for a block booking for guests. When I phoned to make our reservation nobody knew anything about this. Several costly phone calls were made by various people until this was sorted out. I gave my Credit Card details & the price was confirmed also that our room would be kept available after 4pm. At a later date I requested a Confirmation & ended up in contact with ICH they disputed the price that had been agreed & also said that I had not left Credit Card details. Four e-mails later we seemed to have got things sorted. On arrival at the hotel we were still quoted the higher price. Now for the positive things, the Reception staff couldn't have been more helpful & sorted the problem immediately. Our room was overlooking the main road & was changed to one at the back, no problem. The rest of our stay was excellent, pleasant staff, clean comfortable room & substantial breakfast. Dinner prices I felt were a bit steep & others agreed. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I was in the area, apart from good value it is also close to bus stops for getting into the city if transport is needed. After a difficult start we had a good visit.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the main road are quite noisy. There is no view at te back but tis was not a probl...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Hilary K,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here with us at the Holiday Inn, Bridge of Don.

I’m sorry to hear you had some difficulties when it came to your reservation, I will look into this with my team. I do believe the original block booking was made with our sister hotel the Express next door and that’s where the original problems may have come from. I am however delighted to hear that you found the reception team very helpful and that they dealt with your booking quickly and efficiently.

I hope you all had a great day at the wedding and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Regards
Nikki Haddow
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a course.
The room was clean and modern. Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The bathroom and shower were fine but a bit tired looking.
The room was freezing but I stuck the heater on and half an hour later, roasting.
I didn`t eat in the restaurant for dinner, but should have as there`s nowhere close by.
I had the breakfast which was really nice and there was loads of it.
Parking is ample and free and the staff are pretty friendly.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you are at this end of town as the traffic is a nightmare.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ross A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Simon J

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed it.

We encourage our staff to be as friendly as possible in order to make sure guests have a pleasant stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and hope to see you back soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here for 10 days on business. Excellent clean rooms, quick check in and good service overall. The breakfast is very basic with almost no change. Front desk was helpful and room service was prompt. Nothing much nearby and so makes sense to stay only if your workplace is nearby. City is 20 mins from here by cab. Overall, highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Ross A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Suddu85

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel.

We aim to provide every guest with a high standard of customer service and provide a pleasant stay for all, it is always nice to hear that we are achieving this.

I hope you see you back for your next business meeting.

Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

While your colleagues sit in traffic jams and battle through the wind and rain, you can stroll from the hotel to the AECC in comfort. The rooms are fine - comfortable and quiet enough for a good night's sleep. Breakfast is excellent, with a wide choice and friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant has a good choice and you can eat well, though it's not fine dining. Only the all-pervading smell of tea in the lobby is a mystery!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ross A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Aquaactionimage

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn - Aberdeen Exhibition Centre. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed it.

Our aim is that all guests experience an all round great stay from the rooms to the breakfast, it is pleasing to see that we are achieving this.

I hope to see you back at another event soon!

Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

This has to be the worst holiday inn I've stayed in. The room was not particularly welcoming. It was old and worn out. The bathroom in desperate need of decorating. The room didn't even gave black out curtains. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a room without blackout curtains. Poor quality mattress resulting in poor sleep.
On a plus point, the guy that served me at breakfast was very polite. The food at breakfast was also very good.
If i stay in this area again I'll stay in the holiday inn express.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ross A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Airfish1

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Holiday Inn Aberdeen - Exhibition Centre. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time here.

I will be sure to look into the concerns you have raised and try to rectify the problems as soon as possible.

Thank you for your comments regarding the breakfast staff, we always aim to provide excellent customer service so I will be sure to pass this on.

Carlos Nunez

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels