“good option for holiday or business” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen

Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“good option for holiday or business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

After a long time research, finally got a great deal including breakfast. We stayed here for 3 nights as the base of travelling Aberdeenshire. The location is perfect for both businessman and tourists, about 15 mins walk to railway and bus station and 5 mins to Union street (the high street of the city.) The hotel has such an elegant surroundings, no wonder that there're lots of millionaires living in the area ( according to the info from Aberdeen marine museum :) ). The room is spacious and the facilities are a little old fashioned as the hotel is adapted from a town house perhaps. The breakfast is of standard quality for a 4 star hotel, a quite range to choose. But in one of the morning, we were having cereal when the waiter had cooked breakfast for us. And she took away our plates of cereal immediately without asking us whether we still need it. We even didn't have time to call her back and she had walked far away.... In addition, there's no safety in the room, strange for a business chain hotel.

In summary, it's a smart choice if you've got a good deal, try others if not.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cosmos2013
John K, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us, Being so central offers you the guest a variety of choices of things to do and places to visit.
The Copthorne is not a new purpose built property which means all our rooms are different in size yet each one offers comfort and space. The mention of a safe in the bedrooms is something which has come up in the past so yes we will be reviewing our bedroom offering in 2014 and we will discuss it then. Listening to you the client is key to our future and mentioning items for us to review helps us deliver a product you are pleased with.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards
John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Czech first
Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

The hotel has a good location. That's everything positive I can say about it.
The corridor of the hotel is smelly, room in a desperate need for renovation, tired with massive hole next to the socket. It takes about 40 minutes for the staff to take an order in the bar. And another half an hour to bring it to the table.
Whoever came up with the interior design deserves a free visit to specsavers. It's all wrong and pretentious.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
John K, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest,
I really appreciate you taking the time to feedback on your visit; I am disappointed we never got the opportunity to meet or to hear first hand of the challenge you faced with service. To date I am not aware of any points raised to the Duty manger however thank for making us aware and we will investigate our service delivery in full,
Kind Regards
John

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Armacao dos Buzios, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Staff are very welcoming and the rooms are clean and spacious.
Very convenient for the city centre being just a few yards from Union Street and yet quiet and secluded with no after dark noise to disturb your sleep.
Excellent breakfast with plenty of choice.
The Copthorne is excellent value for money in what can be an expensive city to stay in.

Room Tip: Because of the hotel's position away from the main street all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Trevor G
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at the Copthorne Hotel on Saturday 19th October - this was my first stay and I must say, it was fantastic. Parking was secure and convenient, check in was easy and efficient, the room was very spacious with good sized bathroom.
Every request we put to the staff was dealt with efficiently and with a smile. We had some drinks and snacks in the hotel - delicious and reasonable priced.
The bed and pillows, very comfy - which is always a big plus for me.
I had breakfast in bed the next morning which was delivered on time and very tasty.
All in all, I had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Newmill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Really lovely hotel, and a great location, on arrival at around 3pm we found that the car park which is located underneath the hotel was full......bearing in mind it probably only accommodates a dozen or so cars, so we were told we would have to use the multi storey close by, I finished booking in and my husband went to park in the car park, I then got a call to say it only took coins and was going to cost £14......not many people carry this amount of coin, so I had to return to the reception and request change to enable us to park, this was the only down side to our weekend, room was comfortable and clean, good facilities and staff more than helpful, tasty breakfast and quick check out. I would say it would be helpful for staff to inform customers of the change situation as they book in, and where it says limited parking, that would be an understatement as a hotel with I think 89 rooms, it is very very limited.

Room Tip: Be prepared to have to pay for your car parking
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is the second year I have used the Copthorne for my event and again, they surpassed all expectations. The service is the best anywhere in the town and I visited a few other venues to make a valued judgement. The food for 70 would have been brilliant in a small cover restaurant and as ever, nothing was too much of an ask.

Hoping to rebook as soon as I have a date confirmed for my next event. Cannot praise the events and food & beverage team highly enough!

Well done!

• Stayed October 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

First I would like to say that the wedding went very well and the staff once past the front desk were excellent, but it is the front desk were you gain first impressions.

I had called 3 weeks before the wedding to ask for an early check-in, 11.00, so we could get changed etc as the wedding was elsewhere at 13.00, no problem was the reply. When we got to the hotel at 11.00 we were told by one of the people on the front desk the earliest we can have your room ready is 14.00 Now thinking both myself and wife who was at the hairdressers would have to get changed in the toilets was not an option. Sorry I said I was advised the early check-in would be honoured. No was the reply not til 14.00. But again stressed my earlier call and advised why the early check-in, again a flat No. The other person then intervened, never said a word just checked on the computer and gave the other person a room key which was then handed to me without any explanation. I also think I did not get the reduced room rate as part of the wedding party but just didn't want to deal with the front desk again. It was my son that was getting married so would have thought the front desk would have had us on a priority but No.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends