“Great central location”

Ranked #40 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Cairns, Australia
“Great central location”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Lovely hotel, really nice room although the bathroom is showing signs of age, great location, my only negative is the floor wasn't vacuumed when our room was serviced. We also did have a problem with our key, it wouldn't open but a quick trip down to reception had that sorted.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Czech first
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here, as we booked at the last minute we got a great deal! Room was lovely, very clean. A big added bonus was the hotel has a very small underground car park (free) if your lucky enough to get a space-which we were!!
Even the mini toiletries in the room were very nice!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
JohnKarwl-Jackes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Luxury Toiletries really make a difference wherever you’re staying, I was also delighted to read you were another successful guest who managed to secure one of special promotions, please keep updated by following us on Twitter and Facebook.
Thank you for your kind words and myself and the team hope you come back to see us again soon,
Regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Was in Aberdeen for the first time, found this hotel offer for £40 per night. Was much better than I expected for money. Great stuff, huge room, walking distance from city center, rail/bus station and all clubs and pubs. Amazing, soft bed :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest
I am delighted you managed to take advantage of one of the fantastic promotions we have out there at the moment, to keep up to date with all our future offers then, like, share and follow us on both facebook and twitter.
The location of the hotel gives you the guest so much choice of things to do when visiting the wonderful Granite City, I do hope myself and the team get the chance to welcome you back to see us again soon,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions now but won't be back. On my previous stay the shower in my room was broken and I was told this could not be fixed and neither would i be moved rooms. I booked again as I assumed this was a one-off however took the precaution of emailing the hotel prior to my arrival requesting that my room have a working shower.
Imagine my astonishment at being allocated the very same room as before....and that the shower was still broken!! After 2 months!! I complained to receiption and was advised I woiuld be moved the following day but had to put up with a room with no shower for one of my two nights staying there.
I then checked my bill and realised I was being charged twice for breakfast, an additional £51.00. The staff at receiption were extremely helpful although told me they couldn't refund the money to me and that I could use this amount in the restaurant that night....therefore had to cancel plans to eat out that I had made.
In view of the problems encountered from start to finish during this stay I asked for the Manager to contact me before I left or at least email me....and I'm still waiting 2 weeks later.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Gstar_x
JohnKarwl-Jackes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I am terribly sorry that we have not had a chance to speak with each other following a recent stay at the hotel and am disappointed to hear you feel you have been ignored; please can I ask you to contact me directly so I may be able to hear from you first hand your experience.
Reading a review does not some time help give a clear picture of any challenges faced yet speaking will enable me to ensure we are always working to improve you the guests expectation & service delivery, I look forward to hearing from,
John

Travellers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Tain, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our second stay within a month at this hotel,a pleasure from start to finish.on arrival receptionists Abbey and Maria could not have been more efficient and helpful,nothing would be too much trouble,room was large with excellent facilities,bar/dining area excellent with again helpful and pleasant staff.
This was a really pleasant stay,we have stayed in various hotels throughout the uk and this one has to be easily the best.really a pleasure all round.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Top floor room this time. Again, large and well-equipped but dated and needing some maintenance (especially in the bathroom). Would have had decent views , but the window was half the size it could/should have been. Food a bit down on my last visit. But staff very helpful. And I slept well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Aberphobic
JohnKarwl-Jackes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest
I am delighted you chose the Copthorne Aberdeen as your preferred hotel of choice while visiting the wonderful Granite City, we appreciate your feedback as this is the most helpful way that we can ensure we improve our service delivery and of course our guests expectation of us.
Can I please ask you to contact me directly with your room number so I may have the opportunity to investigate the bathroom you have mentioned, thank you again for taking the time to feed back and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
John Karwl-Jackes
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very disappointed in this hotel. VERY over priced for what you get. In Australia, for less than this price, would have given you a Spa room in a resort hotel with gym and pool, 5 star. The floor boards creaked loudly when walking on them, it also wobbled the tv. The bathroom was dated and in poor repair with chips in the bath enamel. On a good note, the Bistro staff were excellent and very helpful, the food was very nice. Would recommend eating there. However over all I would not recommend staying there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
JohnKarwl-Jackes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Many Thanks for taking the time to put your feedback onto trip advisor & I am delighted you enjoyed dinning with us & found the team to be helpful during your visit.
I was disappointed to hear you found the room not to your liking, the hotel is a historic building within the Granite City and each room is individual in size and shape. Should we have known that you were not comfortable with the room at any point during your stay subject to availability the team would have been happy to show you what we had. Please so come back and stay with us again so that I and the team may get the opportunity to look after you.