Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$75
  • Restaurant
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$65
  • Restaurant
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$198
US$111
US$90
US$78
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$75
US$64
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewshonesty barliving roomcontinental breakfastoff street parkingflights of stairslounge areasecure parkingground floorcity centrevisiting aberdeentea and coffeeno liftcouple of nightsreception staffapartmentaccommodationroomy
Reviewed 24 May 2017

We stayed in Skene House Whitehall for three evenings in late April/early May. We were situated in a room on the 3rd floor, with double beds, a bathroom, a living room, and a kitchen. I did like the room setup since it was easy if one person wished to get up and walk about and the other sleep in. You could easily wander off and watch tv and not bother anyone. The kitchen had a microwave, cabinets, cutlery, tea and coffee, pots/pans, and a fridge. While I do think the decor could be update the room itself was quite clean and functional. Beds were not exceptionally comfortable, but not awful either (so out of 5-10 I'd give the beds a 5). Their breakfasts downstairs were not the best (and overpriced- just go to Tesco and buy some food). Also the water heat can be turned off from the kitchen (we had to call and they told us how to re-start it). I think it was a mistake though when they cleaned, so no big deal. The positives were they helped us with our extremely heavy bags up all the flights of stairs and down them again, and the place has an onsite, free, laundry facility and they provide soap. This is extremely useful when you want to clean your disgusting clothes and don't want to find a laundrette. Parking is adequate and behind a gate. Quite frankly, if I were in the area I would not mind staying with them again. They were very affordable and in a location where you could easily walk downtown if desire.

Room Tip: Accessibility is possible probably on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Piotr W, Manager at Skene House Whitehall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Skene House Whitehall. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and would return when next in Aberdeen.
Please accept my apologies that there were one or two issues during your stay. We are in the process of replacing many of our mattresses. This takes some time due to the number of suites but hopefully it will be much better for your next stay.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Seriously, check out the photo I guess it's perfect if you want to build a pillow fort and watch a movie from it?.. Or pass out drunk on the floor?.. ;)

Otherwise the place was OK. Smelled a bit sweaty when we came in, but we aired it out. There's a sofa on wheels right up against a glass wall, so I would strongly recommended sitting down gently on it. The suite was quite basic, with very dated furniture, but perfectly fine for a couple of nights. The shower is great - good water pressure. Very bouncy bed which is my pet hate :/ Overall - "OK".

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
SkeneHouse, Manager at Skene House Whitehall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Skene House Whitehall. Your comments are very much appreciated, as they are one of the best tools we have for maintaining our high standards of guest comfort and satisfaction.
I was disappointed to read that we were unable to completely fulfil our “service promise” to you, but with your comments we can resolve these issues and improve our service for our guests in the future. I will investigate the issue with the sofa that you mentioned and I'm sorry that the bed was uncomfortable for you.
With regards to your comments about the pillows, we only have 4 pillows on our double beds which I believe is standard across many hotels. I couldn't find your picture so I'm not really sure what your comments are relating to here. I can only assume that you felt 4 pillows were too many. If you had reported this issue to Reception, we would have been more than happy to remove the extra pillows if you found them uncomfortable.

With this in mind, we hope you will consider returning to Skene House again in the future.

Kind regards,
Carly Simmers
Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed on an overnight. Clean comfortable and all you need. Welcoming staff and pleasant extras such as coffee, tea and bar. Breakfast was fine with food brought out when stocks are low. Fruit was a bit tarnished as out too long.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Piotr W, Manager at Skene House Whitehall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

We were very pleased to read that we were able to provide everything to make your stay a comfortable one. Please accept my apologies the the fruit wasn't at its best.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Again, I hate using such extreme exaggeration but this hotel is well-deserved. I was astounded by how comprehensive the facilities provided by the hotel. It is very helpful that there is a laundry I could use and nice kitchen that I could cook my own meal, and comfortable bed, lounge room, and bathtub. Needless to say I got the biggest room I have ever stayed with the capacity even up to 3 people. It is really a luxury noble treatment with very reasonable price. I feel even better to stay here than my own home. Definitely want to come back.

Room Tip: I stayed in suite 10 and it is well-established with a bedroom, a lounge, a bathroom, a kitchen and a guest room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank GilbertQi

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of your time at Skene House Whitehall. We were delighted that you enjoyed everything so much. We aim to provide a home from home so it's great that we seem to have provided this for you.
Thank you again and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

This was perfect for what we needed. Good location for the city with smoke parking.
Ada was very welcoming when we arrived and explained everything to us.
Our room was much bigger than I expected with everything you could need in the kitchen, a good sized lounge and bedroom. The toiletries were nice and the bathroom had a good powerful shower.

The decor in the room was a bit dated but that's not an issue for us.

The honesty bar was well stocked and the lounge area was a nice place to with a wine in the evening.

If I'm back in Aberdeen this is where I'll stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Piotr W, Manager at Skene House Whitehall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Skene House Whitehall. I was delighted to read that you were happy with your stay.
You mentioned that the apartment décor did not meet your requirements however if you had let us know when you checked in, we would have been delighted to find you one that did.
Also thank you for mentioning Ada as a member of our team who displayed excellent customer service. She was pleased to read your comments.
Thank you again and I am delighted that you will return to stay with us again.
Kind regards,