We were so excited to come and stay at Skene apartments, we had recently had a second baby and were given this stay as a gift to relax and have a break. The apartment we were given looked very much like a student flat, paint work chipped and curtains were all marked and stained, had an absolutely beautiful bathroom although slightly dusty and the toilet roll holder was so squint the roll fell off, after my shower my husband didn't have enough water to have a hot shower which was disappointing. The décor was not very nice and I found the double bedroom quite chlostraphobic. We didn't really mind though until we went to bed, it was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever had to try to sleep in, no spring in the matress, we both had aching backs and necks by the next day and barely slept at all. You know a bed is uncomfortable when a mother of a 4 year old and an 8 week old who hasn't had more than 4 hours sleep for months can not sleep! There was also a lot of noise from within the building and our door was tried on more than one occasion, another couple actually came and tried to get in the room saying they had checked in to it (same room number) so I don't know how that happened. We were so disappointed. The breakfast was just brilliant and Alex who seated and served us was really attentive and friendly. When I checked out the receptionist didn't ask how our stay was so I didn't bother complaining. Looking at the pictures on here our apartment was not of the same standard as others and I wish I had taken photos to post. Our rate was £66 so I guess you cant expect much however the rack rate for this room was £200 ish and this was not a £200 room! We would certainly have been far more comfortable in a travel lodge style hotel because at least the be would have been comfortable. There were limited parking spaces available which was very handy - if you got one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4* Hotel Suites set in the cultural quarter of Aberdeen, only a few minutes' walk to the theatre, art galleries and shopping centres. Smart, modern & comfortable serviced accommodation in Aberdeen with additional benefit of hotel services. Interiors have been designed by leading interior designers to offer guests a more minimal, streamline aesthetic - from the duplex penthouses offering bright and airy loft-style living to a more homely environment in Rothko's tequila sunrise hues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Skene House Rosemount reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skene House Rosemount Hotel Aberdeen
- Skene Hotel Aberdeen
- Skene Hotel Rosemount
- Skene House Rosemount Aberdeen, Scotland