Skene House Rosemount
Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$77
  • Restaurant
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$92
US$85
US$120
US$113
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Restaurant
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$74
US$104
US$94
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$57
US$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsliving roomthese apartmentscontinental breakfastapartment hotelunion streetcity centrefull kitchencar parkhome from hometop floorsmall kitchenprivate parkingno liftmain buildingexcellent value for moneystayed here for one nightviaduct
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here on Easter Friday, the suite (503 - can highly recommend it) was spotless, the beds VERY comfortable and the suite a great alternative to a hotel.

Parking was on site, staff really very helpful and friendly, and the location only 10 min walk into town.

I'd never stayed in a serviced apartment before - I certainly will in future, and if I'm in Aberdeen, Skene House is my first choice

Room Tip: not sure you can get a bad room here - quality seems really high, and at a great price
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Skene House Rosemount.
I was delighted to read how comfortable you found the suite and how helpful our staff were. I will make sure they all get a chance to read your lovely review.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here for work with my company recently. Whilst the room was very nice (serviced apartment style) I got to say their internet offering (bother wired and Wifi) was abysmal.

Being here on business meant that i had to be able to contact my company receive files write emails the usual sort of stuff. However every 20 minutes the internet would stop working even with a wired connection. I received one excuses after another to the point the connection was not usable.

For visiting the surrounding area the hotel made a great place to start visiting the local surroundings like union square.

The only other niggle i have is that the room i had was on two floors. the TV was down stairs so if you wanted to watch TV in bed and relax then this wasn't an option.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen O

Thank you for choosing to stay at Skene House Rosemount and then taking the time to write a review.
I was sorry to note that there were a couple of problems during your time with us. I understand that the internet problems you encountered were far from ideal when you were trying to work. Please accept my apologies for this and be assured that this is something we are trying to improve.
I was also sorry to read that you were not as comfortable as you could have been in your suite. Our duplex suites are very popular but we do have suites on one level and also suites with TV's in the bedrooms too. Please do not hesitate to contact reception or our reservations department directly for any future bookings so we can allocate a suite that you would be more comfortable in.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have visited Aberdeen several times over the last few years to visit my daughter but have never used the Skene House Hotel, despite the proximity of its location to her flat. This time I managed to secure a booking and my wife and I were very inpressed by our stay.

The online directions meant we were able to find the entrance to the car park easily - though it helps to view it on street view on Google Earth as well. The staff in reception were friendly and efficient and we were amazed by the suite itself. It was large and spacious with more than enough space to relax after a long drive. We were in the converted church which is next to the main building, which proved to be a bonus as that is where breakfast is served.

The suite was more than adequte for us with an excellently equipped lounge and kitchen, a walk-in shower room and excellent twin beds.

The breakfast was excellent with friendly and helpful staff.

The parking is free but not always available in the main building, as I discovered on the second day. The instruction sheet to the second car park which we obtained from reception looked a bit complex but listen to their instructions, drive slowly and check the road names after each turn adn it will all make sense. The only problem is that this carpark (behind the converted church) does not have a secure gate but is so hidden from public gaze that it doesn't matter. It is covered by the hotel CCTV though.

One word of warning - our suite had black doors on the kitchen cabinets, which meant it was possible to bang your head on them if they were open and you weren't looking. We didn't do it, but operated a mutual warning system between us. That's what old people do!

We will be back again, in the same suite if possible, for my daughter's graduation next year.

Room Tip: Be clear about your room preferences on the hotel booking form. The main building does not have a lift but the other building does.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review after your recent stay at Skene House Rosemount.
I think we met when you checked out and it was great to hear your comments then and to know that you enjoyed your time here so much.
As you mentioned our main car park sometimes fills up during busy periods. Our concierges have been known to jump in with guests to show them the way to the overflow so please don't hesitate to ask if the directions aren't clear.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you for your daughter's graduation.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed for one night on March 22nd at Skene house Holbein and loved it. We checked in on the afternoon and then helped ourselves to a free coffee which is available in the reception. You are also allowed one free drink from the honesty bar which is a very nice touch. I had asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper and the room we got was on the top floor which suited us perfectly. The apartment was spotlessly clean with a nice size sitting room, a small bathroom which looked as if it had been installed quite recently, a small modern kitchen which had fridge microwave, toaster etc and a bedroom with built in wardrobes. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely use them again and the parking is also a bonus.

Room Tip: We had a room on top floor with bedroom as back which was quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Skene House Holburn after your recent visit.
Your review was posted on the Rosemount page but when I spoke with the team at Holburn they were really pleased to hear that you were so happy with your time with them.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next trip to Skene House.
Jan Millard
Manager (Skene House Rosemount)

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This weekend we had our first stay with skene house suites , it was absolutely fantastic check in was easy and stress free then we went to our suite was more than had anticipated boasted a lovely spacious double bed bedroom which was spacious , airy and comfortable . A immaculate bathroom which was again modern and all you required . Then you had a living room with attached kitchen on open plan modern and fully equipped where you could wind down , cook a meal , grab a coffee and might seem nothing to others but fresh milk was in the fridge was a plus for me too as can't use the uht nonsense found in many a hotel it was overall a home from home and exceptional value the staff were friendly and polite and we would recommend skene house to all our friends will be a return visitor for sure

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your recent stay at Skene House Rosemount.
I was delighted to read that you found us to be a 'home from home'. We aim to provide this experience for all of our guests and our personal, friendly service is something that we pride ourselves in.
Thank you again and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.