“Superb..!”

Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Scotland
“Superb..!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. We received a complimentary upgrade and stayed in one of the loft style apartment rooms. The room was well equipped with a good size lounge area and kitchen. We had a super king size bed which was extremely comfortable. The location of the hotel is first class being about 10 minutes from Union Street.
The continental breakfast was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful at all times. We will return again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review after your recent visit to Skene House Rosemount.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much and that you found our staff to be so helpful.
Thank you again and I look forward to your next trip.
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My partner and I stayed in a suite at Rosemount.We had a lovely comfortable stay for a reasonable price and a complimentary bottle of wine and it made a change from a normal hotel room .There was a good sized lounge/kitchen with good facilities for cooking your own meals if you wanted (although there are plenty of eating places close by) .A separate shower room which was very modern and spotlessly clean and a good sized double bedroom. Breakfast was included which was a continental buffet with plenty of choice.Staff were very attentive and check in very easy .On site parking was a good bonus .We would certainly book again .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for choosing Skene House Rosemount for your recent trip to Aberdeen. It was great to read that you found everything to your liking.
Our staff will be delighted to hear that they made everything straighforward on arrival.
Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

After a number of stays in different hotels in Aberdeen we chose Skene House for a change and also because the price was a great deal. Its very central and great if you are going to the Theatre as its a 5 min walk away. Union Street is very close 10 mins at a meander. There are some decent restaurants nearby within 5 minutes so all in all a perfect location. Staff are really friendly and at breakfast there was a huge effort to keep the buffet not looking like someone had trampled all over it. Everything was topped up instantly, even the fresh fruit. The staff really took pride down there just wish I could mention a name or two. The accommodation was excellent having a seating area to watch TV and have a drink was a great touch and made such a change to always be perched on the bed. My minor criticisms are that I didn't like the basement room it was a touch noisy as everyone went past for breakfast which was located on the same floor we were only there for a night so I never mentioned it and the car park was a squeeze if you have a bigger car. We will be back in July and have booked the Whitehall because we are told the car park is better. Hopefully we get a high floor room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Skene House Rosemount. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit so much.
Our breakfast team will be delighted that their efforts made such a good impression. They really do take pride in their work and in making sure everyone enjoys their start to the day.
I have noted on your profile that you would prefer a quieter suite on a higher floor but just in case I have the wrong profile please do not hesitate to call Skene House Whitehall before your arrival to request this. They will be more than happy to hear from you.
Thank you again and I hope you enjoy your stay at Whitehall too.
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My partner and I recently stayed here and right from booking the staff were very helpful. I emailed prior to our arrival and requested a top floor room so that we could enjoy the sights and I had a reply straight away to inform me that they will reserve a room for us on the top floor.

It is in a very good and central location and everything was within walking distance - there are even two convenience stores on either side. The apartment itself was very spacious with two bedrooms and a large lounge. The bathroom is very modern and so is the kitchen which had a dishwasher as well as a fan oven. What the staff failed to mention is that there is no elevator so (with the fault being entirely on me) we had to climb several sets of stairs to get to our apartment. The windows were very small so we couldn't really look out anyway.

There was private parking as well which is very convenient but the entrance to the car park is a very tight squeeze indeed which is also extended to the car park itself. Nonetheless, it offers secure parking which is very important. What the staff also failed to mention was that the building we were staying in is undergoing some renovation so we were woken up quite early on both mornings by construction workers.

Our room/apartment rate included a continental buffet breakfast which we had on the morning of our check-out and which was served in a separate building. The breakfast room is a bit small but there were plenty of choices and the staff were friendly and helpful.

All in all, it was an enjoyable stay. Whilst we can safely say that we'll stay again (albeit on the ground floor), we would also be sampling the rest of the hotels in Aberdeen in the future.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a top floor room/apartment unless you are prepared to climb long flights of stairs...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Skene House Rosemount after your recent stay with us.
It was very nice to read that although there were one or two things not to your liking you were happy with the helfpul staff and would stay with us again.
As you mentioned we are in the process of havng a new lounge built next to our reception. Please accept my apologies for the early starts during your stay. I hope this did not cause you to much inconvenience.
Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here on Easter Friday, the suite (503 - can highly recommend it) was spotless, the beds VERY comfortable and the suite a great alternative to a hotel.

Parking was on site, staff really very helpful and friendly, and the location only 10 min walk into town.

I'd never stayed in a serviced apartment before - I certainly will in future, and if I'm in Aberdeen, Skene House is my first choice

Room Tip: not sure you can get a bad room here - quality seems really high, and at a great price
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Skene House Rosemount.
I was delighted to read how comfortable you found the suite and how helpful our staff were. I will make sure they all get a chance to read your lovely review.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here for work with my company recently. Whilst the room was very nice (serviced apartment style) I got to say their internet offering (bother wired and Wifi) was abysmal.

Being here on business meant that i had to be able to contact my company receive files write emails the usual sort of stuff. However every 20 minutes the internet would stop working even with a wired connection. I received one excuses after another to the point the connection was not usable.

For visiting the surrounding area the hotel made a great place to start visiting the local surroundings like union square.

The only other niggle i have is that the room i had was on two floors. the TV was down stairs so if you wanted to watch TV in bed and relax then this wasn't an option.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen O
Thank you for choosing to stay at Skene House Rosemount and then taking the time to write a review.
I was sorry to note that there were a couple of problems during your time with us. I understand that the internet problems you encountered were far from ideal when you were trying to work. Please accept my apologies for this and be assured that this is something we are trying to improve.
I was also sorry to read that you were not as comfortable as you could have been in your suite. Our duplex suites are very popular but we do have suites on one level and also suites with TV's in the bedrooms too. Please do not hesitate to contact reception or our reservations department directly for any future bookings so we can allocate a suite that you would be more comfortable in.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have visited Aberdeen several times over the last few years to visit my daughter but have never used the Skene House Hotel, despite the proximity of its location to her flat. This time I managed to secure a booking and my wife and I were very inpressed by our stay.

The online directions meant we were able to find the entrance to the car park easily - though it helps to view it on street view on Google Earth as well. The staff in reception were friendly and efficient and we were amazed by the suite itself. It was large and spacious with more than enough space to relax after a long drive. We were in the converted church which is next to the main building, which proved to be a bonus as that is where breakfast is served.

The suite was more than adequte for us with an excellently equipped lounge and kitchen, a walk-in shower room and excellent twin beds.

The breakfast was excellent with friendly and helpful staff.

The parking is free but not always available in the main building, as I discovered on the second day. The instruction sheet to the second car park which we obtained from reception looked a bit complex but listen to their instructions, drive slowly and check the road names after each turn adn it will all make sense. The only problem is that this carpark (behind the converted church) does not have a secure gate but is so hidden from public gaze that it doesn't matter. It is covered by the hotel CCTV though.

One word of warning - our suite had black doors on the kitchen cabinets, which meant it was possible to bang your head on them if they were open and you weren't looking. We didn't do it, but operated a mutual warning system between us. That's what old people do!

We will be back again, in the same suite if possible, for my daughter's graduation next year.

Room Tip: Be clear about your room preferences on the hotel booking form. The main building does not have a li...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review after your recent stay at Skene House Rosemount.
I think we met when you checked out and it was great to hear your comments then and to know that you enjoyed your time here so much.
As you mentioned our main car park sometimes fills up during busy periods. Our concierges have been known to jump in with guests to show them the way to the overflow so please don't hesitate to ask if the directions aren't clear.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you for your daughter's graduation.