“Great apartment hotel”

Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Naples, Florida
“Great apartment hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed for :2 nights near the end of our trip to the UK. Great location and fabulous amenities. Two bedroom apartment with lounge and large bathroom. Could easily accommodate a family of 4. Fully equipped kitchen and FREE laundry facilities. Continental breakfast included which was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Free parking. Great value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for choosing Skene House Rosemount as the base for your time in Aberdeen.
It was lovely to read that you found everyone to be so friendly and helpful and that you were able to take advantage of our on site parking and laundry facilities.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Skene House.
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Why stay at a hotel when you can have a huge apartment!!!!! I was there with my company for a weekend, and i just loved it, I had a very nice apartment, and I was also able to see many of the others apartments as we wore a group travelling. They are all very nice and modern. Beds are good and towels are soft and big.
The breakfast is also nice, and the staff there are super, from breakfast staff, to front desk staff. they all do their best and area just super.

I would absolutely recommend a stay here at Skene house. They are all Perfect.

Room Tip: I really love the two floor suites at the top floors.. :-)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your recent stay at Skene House Rosemount.
I was very pleased to read your lovely comments, especially those regarding our staff. They really enjoy making sure that you enjoy your time in Aberdeen as much as possible and are always happy to recommend interesting things to do with your time here.
The duplex suites on the top floor are nice suites and something a bit different from most hotels. Unfortunately we only have a few of these but please do not hesitate to contact our reception or reservations teams to request these if you would prefer them.
Thank you again and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again soon.
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I recently had a weekend at Skene House Rosemount. We were really pleased with out suite. It was great having a suite rather than just a hotel room. It was spotless clean and very modern. Staff were all very helpful and friendly.
We thought we were the only ones there as there was no noise at all. When we went for breakfast we got a shock as there were lots of people there. It must be very well insulated.
We had a lovely breakfast, lots of choice.
There is a lovely cafe just down the road with lovely coffee and cakes :-)
Lots of nice restaurants nearby. We ate at a Brazilian restaurant off golden square. It was really good. We also ate at the Globe Inn and enjoyed the live music.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at Skene House Rosemount for your recent weekend away. It was great to read that you enjoyed your weekend.
As you mentioned, having a suite rather than a hotel room just makes everything a bit more comfortable with more space to spread out.
I was very pleased that you enjoyed our local area too. We have particularly close links with the coffee shop - The Breadmaker. They provide a lot of the bread for our breakfast buffet.
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. We received a complimentary upgrade and stayed in one of the loft style apartment rooms. The room was well equipped with a good size lounge area and kitchen. We had a super king size bed which was extremely comfortable. The location of the hotel is first class being about 10 minutes from Union Street.
The continental breakfast was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful at all times. We will return again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review after your recent visit to Skene House Rosemount.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much and that you found our staff to be so helpful.
Thank you again and I look forward to your next trip.
Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My partner and I stayed in a suite at Rosemount.We had a lovely comfortable stay for a reasonable price and a complimentary bottle of wine and it made a change from a normal hotel room .There was a good sized lounge/kitchen with good facilities for cooking your own meals if you wanted (although there are plenty of eating places close by) .A separate shower room which was very modern and spotlessly clean and a good sized double bedroom. Breakfast was included which was a continental buffet with plenty of choice.Staff were very attentive and check in very easy .On site parking was a good bonus .We would certainly book again .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for choosing Skene House Rosemount for your recent trip to Aberdeen. It was great to read that you found everything to your liking.
Our staff will be delighted to hear that they made everything straighforward on arrival.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

After a number of stays in different hotels in Aberdeen we chose Skene House for a change and also because the price was a great deal. Its very central and great if you are going to the Theatre as its a 5 min walk away. Union Street is very close 10 mins at a meander. There are some decent restaurants nearby within 5 minutes so all in all a perfect location. Staff are really friendly and at breakfast there was a huge effort to keep the buffet not looking like someone had trampled all over it. Everything was topped up instantly, even the fresh fruit. The staff really took pride down there just wish I could mention a name or two. The accommodation was excellent having a seating area to watch TV and have a drink was a great touch and made such a change to always be perched on the bed. My minor criticisms are that I didn't like the basement room it was a touch noisy as everyone went past for breakfast which was located on the same floor we were only there for a night so I never mentioned it and the car park was a squeeze if you have a bigger car. We will be back in July and have booked the Whitehall because we are told the car park is better. Hopefully we get a high floor room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Skene House Rosemount. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit so much.
Our breakfast team will be delighted that their efforts made such a good impression. They really do take pride in their work and in making sure everyone enjoys their start to the day.
I have noted on your profile that you would prefer a quieter suite on a higher floor but just in case I have the wrong profile please do not hesitate to call Skene House Whitehall before your arrival to request this. They will be more than happy to hear from you.
Thank you again and I hope you enjoy your stay at Whitehall too.
England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My partner and I recently stayed here and right from booking the staff were very helpful. I emailed prior to our arrival and requested a top floor room so that we could enjoy the sights and I had a reply straight away to inform me that they will reserve a room for us on the top floor.

It is in a very good and central location and everything was within walking distance - there are even two convenience stores on either side. The apartment itself was very spacious with two bedrooms and a large lounge. The bathroom is very modern and so is the kitchen which had a dishwasher as well as a fan oven. What the staff failed to mention is that there is no elevator so (with the fault being entirely on me) we had to climb several sets of stairs to get to our apartment. The windows were very small so we couldn't really look out anyway.

There was private parking as well which is very convenient but the entrance to the car park is a very tight squeeze indeed which is also extended to the car park itself. Nonetheless, it offers secure parking which is very important. What the staff also failed to mention was that the building we were staying in is undergoing some renovation so we were woken up quite early on both mornings by construction workers.

Our room/apartment rate included a continental buffet breakfast which we had on the morning of our check-out and which was served in a separate building. The breakfast room is a bit small but there were plenty of choices and the staff were friendly and helpful.

All in all, it was an enjoyable stay. Whilst we can safely say that we'll stay again (albeit on the ground floor), we would also be sampling the rest of the hotels in Aberdeen in the future.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a top floor room/apartment unless you are prepared to climb long flights of stairs...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Skene House Rosemount after your recent stay with us.
It was very nice to read that although there were one or two things not to your liking you were happy with the helfpul staff and would stay with us again.
As you mentioned we are in the process of havng a new lounge built next to our reception. Please accept my apologies for the early starts during your stay. I hope this did not cause you to much inconvenience.