“really nice place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdeen
Brentwood Villa Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 102 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Fiquefleur-Équainville, Haute-Normandie, France
“really nice place”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Such a charming host! And the villa is situated right in front of the university playing fields. I enjoyed having my breakfast (a very good Scottish breakfast) looking at King's college and getting some news about the weather forecast or some advice about the good places to see or the restaurants in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nicolas D
ewencrichton, Owner at Brentwood Villa Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 November 2011
Many sincere thanks for your review.We hope you enjoyed your Autumn tour of Scotland and in particular got a good viewing of "Nessie"!?!?
Ewen Crichton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 17 August 2011

It was like to be in home! Excellent! It is in front of the University of Aberdeen! Special view of King´s College! and also near to city centre and the beach. Every morning you wake up with a great breakfast and a smile. I will come back!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank laura p
ewencrichton, Owner at Brentwood Villa Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Many sincere thanks for your kind words,Laura.We enjoyed having you stay a week with us although the Scottish weather was not quite what you are used to in Mexico!!All the very best with your Masters studies-top of the class I'm sure!
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2011

First class! lovely breakfast & great hospitality. Very clean with comfy bed. Enjoyed our stay very much. Would stay again!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank drumoig1970
ewencrichton, Owner at Brentwood Villa Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Thank you for your kind comments.We look forward to welcoming you back to the Brentwood Villa sometime in the future.
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This is not the first time I have stayed at 'The Brentwood Villa' and it will definately not be the last! The welcome I have received on every occasion I have visited has been very warm indeed and I have always had to book well in advance as they are usually booked up which is a healthy recommendation in itself. On this particular visit we were in the grip of a very harsh winter and Mr Crichton was very helpful with travel information as I was planning to drive to Perth during my stay.
I have stayed in different rooms here and they are always clean and well presented. My daughter and I can be a little finicky when it comes to breakfasts but our requirements have always been met with no problem at all and we've never left for our days activities feeling hungry!
The Brentwood Villa is very well situated, there are excellent connections to the city centre by bus (10 mins) or even a pleasant walk if you are reasonably fit, probably 35 mins and all on level ground. King Street is a main thoroughfare into Aberdeen and the buses are very frequent and the bus stop is 1 minute from the front door.
A 20 min walk takes you to the seafront and if you need a convenience store, cafe or pub they can all be found within 10 mins walking time. There are also pleasant walks through the Old University and the local park.
Im already arranging a return to Aberdeen later in the year and I will certainly be staying at The Brentwood Villa.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank Neilb97
We look forward to seeing you both again before winter arrives.Let's hope there is less snow in November/December this year.We are more than happy to" cremate" your bacon if that is how you like it!!Thank you for your kind comments.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed here since I was attending a conference at the University, which is located directly across the street. Beyond the immediate access to the University, the Inn is not located to much of anything else. The room was clean, but very small. We could barely get our suitcase in the room and we had to crawl over the bed to get to the bathroom. The breakfast was unmemorable: instant coffee, burnt toast and runny eggs. The inn keepers seemed pleasant at first, but immediately became obstinate when you requested something. The one memorable instance I experienced was that I had a late flight out and asked if my husband and I could store my bags in a separate room and pick them up later. The innkeeper immediately proclaimed that was not possible as he had to go to his mother's birthday party and we had to be out by the morning. When a woman I recently befriended overheard this, she offered that we keep it in her room. Once the innkeeper heard that we made alternative plans, he admitted (apparently in jovial manner) that he didn't have an event, he just didn't allow people back into the inn because he believed that they just went up to the rooms to have sex on the now clean sheets. You can't make this stuff up! Stay somewhere in town.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank YvonneJC
ewencrichton, Owner at Brentwood Villa Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Although it is almost 10 months since you stayed as our guests we remember your visit very well indeed.
Firstly we remember that you changed your reservation from 4 nights to 2 nights immediately prior to/upon your arrival and that we agreed to amend your invoice accordingly at no cost to yourselves.
We are at a loss as to your comment re lack of room space since you were allocated a family room (instead of a double),which is a room much requested by our many returning visitors.Perhaps your volume of luggage was an issue?Certainly there is considerable space to access all beds/en-suite.
On your first morning at breakfast it was suggested that it may be advisable for you to transfer to a large hotel since as a Bed&Breakfast ,and not an inn/hotel , we do not offer all of the services one would expect from the former eg concierge services.We were willing to arrange this for you but you advised that you were content to remain and indeed happy with the room.
We did indeed attend my mothers birthday celebration on your last day and consequently were not available to you in the afternoon.Our normal checkout time is 10am but we were willing to allow you until midday .however ,your flight was not until mid-evening.
Thank you for your comments.