“Disappointed”

Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good! Book a table online now!
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This was the 3rd time that I have been to Giraffe in Aberdeen and have been impressed before, however this time was not good. We were sat down promptly and got drinks ok , we both ordered rack of ribs , very disapointed they were luke warm , lacking in sauce and no flavour at all . Spoke to the very nice waitress who apologised for the food and went to kitchen , who reportedly said they might not have put enough sauce on ribs ,
I had already worked that one out ,
I am not sure if I will return to giraffe , but if i do I will avoid the ribs .

Reviewed 12 March 2012

The warm naan bread mezze and Thai duck stir fry are amazing! 30% off the bill with a Cineworld unlimited card which is an added bonus!

1  Thank sunseeker0223
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I love the menu. It's my favourite place to eat at union square. Have never had a bad meal. Highly recommend the jambalaya risotto or smoked cheddar quesidilla. Drinks are overpriced in my opinion but otherwise not a bad word to say about it.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

What a great little place. A great variety of different styles of food, awesome service and great wine! :)

2  Thank m3ugs
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I ordered a mexican style breakfast dish - don't make the same mistake as me unless you're on a bland diet. It was completely flavourless using what I imagine were the cheapest of ingredients.

After a few bites I turned the dish away and asked for the bill. The waitress offered an alternative by I didn't want to embarrass myself in case the second dish was equally bland. The bill was comped and I left.

On the plus side, it's a nice looking restaurant, clean and it has an otherwise appealing menu. Whether the other dishes live up to their menu descriptions, you'll have to find out.