“Nice to be back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 658 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: British, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good! Book a table online now!
Northumberland
“Nice to be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just had a great meal with my wife having just arrived back in Aberdeen from our holiday.
As always the service and the food were excellent, as they have been since our first visit on the day they opened! keep it up gang you are all stars in our eyes!
Oh! and thanks for the birthday card - it was very much appreciated.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JR1948

• Greek first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Weekend lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I had a nice lunch at weekend. I had my favourite Giraffe full brunch with scrambled eggs, always very tasty and good value. My wife has a char grilled chicken salad. That was tasty too. Both meals looked good too.

Nice service and atmosphere......we will definitely continue to include this restaurant in our list.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Angel2403
“I wont be back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Thought we would give giraffe a try for a change. Medium to long wait for service. I asked if the ribs were any good and the waitress told me "if I like ribs then yes they are good", I suppose she wouldn't have said they weren't but I ordered them anyway and my partner ordered some chicken dish. When the food arived I had 2 bites and sent it back as mine was barely warm. A couple of minutes later she came back with the plate I sent back, I was expecting a fresh plate so they must have nuked it in the microwave. I was very disappointed by the ribs, they must have been boiled to within an inch of their life then smothered in sauce to disguise the lack of taste from the meat itslef. Really soft and mushy texture, in my book boiling ribs should be a culinary crime. Once we were finished, another longish wait before the plates were collected and we were asked how it was, my usual response is "yeah it was good" but on this occasion I told the waitress the ribs were rubish hence why half of them were still on the plate. We asked for the bill, when it arived it wasnt what we ordered. She went away and came back with another bill which still wasnt correct, 3rd time she was nearly at the table when she must have realised it still wasnt right. We ended up going to the till where the "manager" was ringing up the bills and 4th time lucky they got it right.. What a carry on. So all in all very poor and I wont be returning, if u want good ribs go to TGI's!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
giraffeconcepts, Social Media Manager at Giraffe, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Really sorry to hear about your experience at Aberdeen. I'll pass all of your feedback onto the operations manager to look into.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.
north east scotland
“Two minutes walk from the Cineworld , good friendly service ,well made food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

After two hours of watching Russell crow build an ark and saving all the animals we thought it would be a good idea to support an eatery called Giraffe.

The staff were very helpful and friendly - the burger looks just like the picture above - it tasted good - real chips. Price a bit more than you would find under the golden arches but well worth it

There are numerous places to eat in Union Square - Giraffe is a relaxing spot cooking good food. We were driving however the cocktail menu looked interesting and the barman looked as if he knew what he was doing.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank yandinazetland
“Looked After”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have eaten in Giraffe in other areas and seemed to have missed this a for some reason. I was not disappointed really, well looked after and food was very quick. On the night they had a party of 9 and two other couples so not full but managed the time for a chat. I would say the meal was standard nothing out standing and possibly over priced for what was served.

• Visited March 2014