“A great evening, delicious food.”
Review of Amicus Apple - CLOSED

Amicus Apple
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Amicus Apple is a modern and lively social rendezvous with her finger firmly on the pulse of the contemporary social scene.Effortlessly cool cutting edge design meets molecular cocktail madness and craft products behind the bar whilst the food is a harmonious blend of British familiar with elements of the unfamiliar to make it that little bit special.
“A great evening, delicious food.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Im writing a second review for Amicus Apple as I previously reviewed it and gave it a very poor rating.

After my recent experience, I am now rating it with 5*s

My husband and I returned last night for a meal off the main menu. We really enjoyed every dish we ordered.
For starters we had the King Prawn tempura which was lovely and crispy and very tasty, and the Chicken liver & cognac parfait which was a very generous portion and equally delicious.

Our main courses were Salmon on pan Asian noodles, the salmon was beautiful, served on once again a large bed of creamy tasty noodles, and the Haddock and chips which came piping hot and crispy with 2 side dishes of peas and homemade tartare sauce.

For desserts we had the ice cream selection which is always a winner, and the Pistachio parfait, beautifully presented and delicious.

The house Valdemoro Chardonnay complemented our meal perfectly and we had a really beautiful glass of Prosecco to start with.

The staff at Amicus Apple couldn't have been more attentive and pleasant during our meal and were an absolute delight.

Overall we had a fabulous evening with delicious food chosen off the main menu, served by real gems of staff who couldn't have done more.

I would highly recommend you give it a try.

• Visited June 2014
Hazel A, Assistant General Manager at Amicus Apple, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us again.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience with us and got to enjoy a good range of what we have to offer on our main menu.

I have passed on all of your lovely comments to our team and they are very grateful.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

First time visiting here for a Birthday celebration. The meal was lovely. It was pre ordered due to the size of the table. We spent the afternoon trying their various cocktails, they have a lovely cocktail menu and can make any cocktail to order. Service was friendly and atmosphere was really good. Will be going back.

• Visited June 2014
Hazel A, Assistant General Manager at Amicus Apple, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Many thanks for your lovely review.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great birthday with us and it was spent enjoying some of our food and drink creations.

We look forward to you joining us again in the future.

Thanks again,

Aberdeen
“Lovely food and drink, definitely worth another visit”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We went here for a girlie celebration for my daughter Keri's 30th birthday. Cocktails to begin. Although boring mum had wine but it was nice. The haggis bon bons that Laura and I had were lovely. Light and crisp and definitely not fatty. Mmm. No one else had starters. Main courses all looked lovely. No complaints at all. My King prawn and chilli linguini was amazing. Lovely light flavours and no skimping on the prawns. I would have this again. The fish and chips looked lovely too. Eventually having a pina colada. Wow. Gorgeous. Only disappointing thing was the sweet, the girls choc fondants collapsed and my apple crumble pannacotta didn't have much taste at all and not set either. Nice presentation all round for all courses. Service a bit on the slow side especially for the drinks. Wouldn't stop me going back. We really had a good time here

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am over the moon at you comments about our food and have taken on board your thoughts about our desserts.

I hope to see you again very soon to try out some more of our food and drinks.

Kind regards,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and drinks”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Been here many many times for cocktails, which are fantastic but only recently had food here. Both my husband and I really enjoyed what we had ordered, we didn't have long to wait and the food was good value for money.
Will definitely return again and again.

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for your recent review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and have now tried some of our delightful food menu.

We shall hopefully see you soon for another visit.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent from start to finish”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

First and only time I've visited Amicus Apple (I remember when it was Jam!) and was hugely impressed from start to finish.

Wondered in on a Saturday afternoon to find most tables already been booked by large parties however we were quickly found a seat towards the back. Interior is nice, clean and looks so much larger than previous incarnations.

The customer service from start to finish was excellent. Greeted warmly, orders taking quickly and not obtrusively checked on. Cocktails were great, food was fantastic also, genuinely very good and at a very reasonable price.

Should be higher up the list than it is. Heartily recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Hazel A, Assistant General Manager at Amicus Apple, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, your kind words were gratefully recieved.

I am very glad that you enjoyed yourself so much on your first experience with us and hope that we will see you a lot more frequently.