Stayed here over New Years in December/Jan, and it was a perfect stay. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and modern. Bathroom was in a "pod" style, and quite small, but had everything we needed. Shower was powerful and it was clean.
Rooms are quite basic, which is a reflection of the price, as it was very reasonable, but despite this, we still had cable TV with a good selection of channels, radio and internet. Some people on here have mentioned the noise level, but I have to say, I did not experience any problems.
The bar and restaurant is open 24 hours. The food menu is quite limited, but the breakfast buffet selection is extensive. As we were out all day everyday and eating out for lunch and dinner, this was not a problem for us. The hearty breakfast is all we needed!
The location was also ideal, as it is right in the City centre and close to the shopping centres, harbour and a short walk to the beach.
Overall, very pleasing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre is a newly opened hotel, located in the centre of Aberdeen. The railway and bus station are just a few minutes walk away at Union Square. The ferry terminal and Aberdeen Maritime Museum are just opposite our front door.All business locations as well as Aberdeen City Council Headquarters are within five minutes walk together with the shopping and restaurants in the famous Union Street. The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC) and Aberdeen Airport are both a short 20 minutes drive away. The A9 and A96 motorways are easily accessible from the hotel together with Market Street, Virginia Street and many more of the city's main attractions, all within the surrounding vicinity of the hotel. Our guests can visit many of the local attractions such as Balmoral Castle, summer home of the Royal Family being one of many famous Castles to be seen in this beautiful Scottish country side. Why not go on the Whisky Trail and try a Speyside malt? Codonas Amusement Park, Aberdeen Art Gallery or any of the amazing golf courses are all close by. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant, guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast or continental breakfast available from 4am till noon, snacks and evening meals are offered 24 hours per day. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and free WIFI internet. The hotel is adjacent to the NCP car park and Pure Gym Aberdeen which is open 24 hours per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ibis Aberdeen Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Scotland