The Ibis Aberdeen is a nice, newish looking hotel in the centre of Aberdeen, next to the Maritime Museum and one block south of Union Street. The Tourist Information is basically across the road and many buses, including the 727 service from and to the airport, stop close by. The maybe not so good thing about the central location is a 24/7 gym, which is situated in the same complex and I found it a little annoying hearing the noise of weightlifting equipment or whatever machinery they use being dropped on the floor next door. Otherwise, the room was clean with a comfy bed, free wifi, coffee and tea. The breakfast was okay, basically what you would expect from an Ibis hotel. Staff have been really friendly and helpful and were happy to explain where to find what. If it wasn't for the noise from the gym, this would have been a five-star review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre is a newly opened hotel, located in the centre of Aberdeen. The railway and bus station are just a few minutes walk away at Union Square. The ferry terminal and Aberdeen Maritime Museum are just opposite our front door.All business locations as well as Aberdeen City Council Headquarters are within five minutes walk together with the shopping and restaurants in the famous Union Street. The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC) and Aberdeen Airport are both a short 20 minutes drive away. The A9 and A96 motorways are easily accessible from the hotel together with Market Street, Virginia Street and many more of the city's main attractions, all within the surrounding vicinity of the hotel. Our guests can visit many of the local attractions such as Balmoral Castle, summer home of the Royal Family being one of many famous Castles to be seen in this beautiful Scottish country side. Why not go on the Whisky Trail and try a Speyside malt? Codonas Amusement Park, Aberdeen Art Gallery or any of the amazing golf courses are all close by. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant, guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast or continental breakfast available from 4am till noon, snacks and evening meals are offered 24 hours per day. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and free WIFI internet. The hotel is adjacent to the NCP car park and Pure Gym Aberdeen which is open 24 hours per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Aberdeen Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Scotland