“Dinner at Dizzys Hogmanay”

Dizzy's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #52 of 713 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Price range: US$6 - US$45
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Excellent West End location with complimentary off -street parking. Child friendly restaurant & bar with disabled access. Full bar service offering a wide selection of wines & beers including a fantastic range of local products. 100 seater restaurant serving delicious dishes off our a la carte menu and our popular "favorites" menu. Fantastic grill menu serving probably THE best quality steaks in town. Popular with couples, families, groups & business clientele. Available for private hire inc birthdays, engagements, weddings, corporate entertaining, quiz nights, funeral teas, christening celebrations to name but a few. Customer satisfaction is our priority and we aim to provide this by providing quality products & excellent service to our guests to ensure they have a fantastic dining experience at Dizzy's!
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Fantastic ambiance. Great place for quick supper or relaxed Dinner. Great menu choice and incredibly friendly Staff. Good selection of wines and Menu choice caters for all tastes.

Hogmanay Dinner absolutely fantastic great party atmosphere

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Took a couple of friends to one of my favourite restaurants and they didn't let me down. The service, as always was extremely friendly and the imaginative food was 1st class particularly the curry. I couldn't resist the banana desert since it was my birthday, again it was superb.

1  Thank kennyaberdeen
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is, I guess, supposed to be a “gastro”-pub’ish… it’s not. It has a great atmosphere, cold beer, nice service and cheap’ish food, but the food is poor. I had tortilla wrap with chicken… the chicken was hard and crunchy and gave a clear indication that it had been via a microwave. Go for the atmosphere and bar, not the food.

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch on Saturday. I had macaroni but it had a funny taste which I figured out was mustard. Not sure why you would put this in. Kind of spoiled it a bit.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

My recent visit to this restaurant was spoiled greatly by the attitude of waiting staff and presentation of a dessert. I kindly asked the waitress if it would be possible to have just ice-cream, to which she said no problem which kind etc, the kitchen staff must of took this as an insult as it came to me in a hot, just out of the dishwasher small dish they earlier served vegetables in for our main course, the two balls of ice-cream were melted greatly and that was Dizzy's presentation of ice-cream! I have had this many times in other restaurants and they put it in a nice glass dish with maybe a sliced strawberry just to look nice and attractive. I did complain and the waitress went and got another waitress to speak to me with an attitude of "it's only ice-cream" what else do you want? I was furious, I explained to her that the dish was hot, so it was melted and it looked terrible in a dish like that.
She took it away and came back with the same dish again but with lots of fruit underneath. I could almost hear the kitchen staff saying, she wants fruit, she will get fruit. Very very rude and manners do not cost anything. It was almost as if the waitress was daring me to complain again as she said in her own words, it's only ice-cream you wanted and that is what you got.
Our bill also came with an extra sweet on it and we felt bad having to ask to get it taken off. Not a good experience at all last night and I will think twice of returning. I was with a group of friends from work but honestly if I was with just my husband, I would of got the partner of Dizzys as she is lovely.

1  Thank JAFINDLAY