“The real Italian food in Aberdeen!!”
Review of Virginia's

Virginia's
Ranked #74 of 696 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I'm Italian and when I moved in Aberdeen I was looking for a little taste of Italy! Luisa is the best cook ever! When I seat in this little place I feel like at home in Sorrento! The pasta has the same taste!! The service is amazing! In addition I have to say that Antonio makes the best coffee in all UK!!

Thank you guys!! Love you!!

4  Thank ValeriaCesaro

Reviewed 28 June 2014

With very foodie friends coming up from London, we decided to give this well documented cafe/restaurant a go. How amazing are the people who own it and run it? Truly amazing. How amazing is the unpretentious food? Truly incredible. Six of us went in and we all came out stunned by the excellence of he food, and by the incredible personalities and friendliness of the owners. It's BYOB, and that is fine, because one can take good wines etc. But, immediately we were asked whether there was anything that needed refrigerating and immediately bottles were opened and glasses appeared. We had eight or ten starters between us, bruchettas, mozaralla salads, cured meats, aubergines, sea food etc. and all were really delicious. They were served by the daughter, who has a personality which knows no bounds. Each and every one of us ordered a different main course, and we all greedily tried each others! They were so incredibly tasty. We all said, it was the best food we had had outside Italy. How this woman does this in her tiny and immaculate kitchen is beyond me. But she deserves a gold medal. The food in this tiny unpretentious infectiously happy place is truly special. The experience one gets there just as amazing. Everyone enjoyed their evening and felt very uplifted by the experience. It is not expensive, it is not pretentious, it is just amazingly good food, prepared by someone who truly loves cooking and her national dishes. I recommend this place wholeheartedly. I only wish I could keep it to myself, but this lady deserves great accolades. What a gift to Aberdeen.

3  Thank lebarail
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went for my birthday with two friends who were visting from London. We all picked different pastas and all three of us thought it was some of the best pasta we had ever tasted.

Simple, delicious and inexpensive. BYOB helps to keep the overall costs down. Not a massive menu but all the options looked fantastic and I would highly reccommend.

1  Thank Jo H
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were a bit late in booking but "No problem" was the response. Nipped across road for bottle of wine from Oddbins to enhance the meal. Nothing pretentious in this small café providing authentic Italian menu. We mixed choice to get as many flavours as possible. The recommendations of Gertrude, our server, merely helped us to enjoy our meal even more. Perhaps the décor could be made into a more romantic setting but we were looking for quality dishes and we got them.

1  Thank cauldcraiters
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The food was probably amongst the best Italian food in Aberdeen - reminiscent of the small family restaurants found off the main tourist routes in Rome. The service was good and most tables were taken. Will definitely go back and would recommend to all lovers of Italian food. Mains and starter portions can be on the large side.