“very good guest house”

Add it.
St. Elmo
Ranked #59 of 103 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The guest house is clean and quite ,the breakfast is interesting and there are a plenty of things to choose .The landlords are polite and helpful .There is a bus stop in front of the house and you can easily go to the city centre .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank facebook491

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Recently booked this accommodation for my parents for a weekend break, and having stayed in many establishments such as this, I felt it appropriate to comment on our experience.

We were met at the door by the lady owner, don't know her name she didnt introduce herself, and I'm sorry to say, she was anything but welcoming! We were greeted by a "YES?" and not a smile in sight! Not really the welcome we expected, and It didn't get much better! Can't really fault the accommodation itself, clean, comfortable, well equipped facilities (complete wtih lists of do's and dont's mind). However, you expect people in this business to be sociable and friendly, interested in their guests and their adventures and to provide a homely, welcoming atmosphere. It is with great regret that I have to say from our experience, St Elmo's falls well short on any of these. Would only recommend if you like your own company and don't need any interaction or local chat from the proprietors.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank City_lover205
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Had a lovely stay at St.Elmo. Modern and clean rooms with everything you could need. A great breakfast and lovely, friendly hosts. Out of town but there is a bus that stops right outside. Can highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Great Facilities. I have used St Elmo on 2 occassNice, clean, and tidy , this guest house is in a great location. Owners are welcoming and friendly. I would certainly recommend and would use St Elmo again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I recently spent 2 weeks at St Elmo. Beautiful ensuite room, very clean with terrific self catering facilities. Breakfast was all one could wish for (I must add the porridge was the best I have tasted). The proprieters, Alison and Kenneth, were very pleasant and helpful and had great information on transport, places to go and restaurants. St Elmo is in a very nice quiet part of Aberdeen with buses to the city centre near at hand. I had a lovely stay and would recommend St Elmo to anyone visiting Aberdeen.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison P
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We booked this B&B for our 19 yr old Son as he was doing a week long training course, I had said he would arrive about 8pm, but as there was quite a lot of snow he left early to take his time during the 4hour drive, when he arrived at 6pm he was meet by Mr Watt who told him in no uncertain terms it was not a hotel and he could not arrive when he felt like it after I had said 8pm. I had to beg for them to give him a cooked at 7.30am as they don't serve until 7.45am and his course started at 8.15am but as my son said it wasn't worth the hassle as a cooked breakfast was 2 slice of bacon, 1 link and 1 egg! The room wasn't ensuite which it was stated as a 4* B&B which I feel this is discussing, he had to go across the corridor to use the bathroom after I paid £50.00 per night, my son also had to pay the full bill when he arrived, as a family we have stayed in many B&B and never once have we paid up front, I think they do this as they must know people wouldn't pay or stay the full length because of his attitude. Mr Watt also complained about the way he parked his car as they like the cars parked in a particular way. I would never recommend this B&B, and would suggest they do a etiquette course if they intend on continuing running as a B&B

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Lovely big room. Very clean. Great breakfast. Free wifi. On-site parking. Only thing that spoils it is that the owner seems off-hand, and slightly terse. A pity, as there is a lot going for this B & B.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business