“Arguably the best hotel in Aberdeen”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cults Hotel

Cults Hotel
Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Dubai
“Arguably the best hotel in Aberdeen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

This can be a difficult hotel to book into because its so popular. It's normally booked out through the week by people who work in Aberdeen but live elsewhere BUT if you can ger a room its an experience.

Each room is individually designed in the most tasteful of styles.
The bar is exceptional and has a good range of drinks
Bar meals are excellent
The Scottish breakfast is not to be missed

A proper Scottish family run hotel that is just out of town but is accessible

It doesnt have a gym or pool or anything

It has disabled access to all rooms (which btw are names after fames holes on famous golf courses)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great bu the ones at the rear of the hotel may be slightly quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Me and my partner went to
The cults hotel for tea. He had been before and said it was really good. We had booked a table and when we arrived its was busy but our table wasnt even ready. It had one wine glass on the table and one water glass. The waiter came to take our order we both ordered the breaded chicken goujouns and i had the garlic mayo dip and he had the bbq. When the food arrived on the table i looked at it and it wasnt breaded chicken goujouns they were frozen and out of a packet. As im eating my starter i use the dipping sauce only to find a piece of chicken and a bit of salad already in there! Clearly have just topped up the dips and not even washed them out. I work in a kitchen my self and this is not on the sauces have to be binned once put out onto a table!! I told the young waitress her responce was i'll tell the chef i've heard that before and not even an apology. My main course then arrive and we didnt even have cutlery for it. i hardly touched it as i felt sick at the thought of how long that chicken had been in there and how many other people had been dipping into this unwashed ramakin. Another waitress came over as i wanted to pay the bill i had paid the bill then she asked if everything was ok, i told her what had happened and she appoligized which it isnt her fault as she wasnt looking after our table. Cults hotel is disgusting place and will never go back think your young members of staff need training in customer care also!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank LaursH
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

My complaint is that I booked a room for an elderly disabled relative to spend four nights over Christmas. I was not informed that the hotel would be closed on Christmas day. As a result when we returned to the hotel at 8 pm on Christmas night we found it closed and a note left on the window with a phone number to contact in order to uplift the key from an address at a distance from the hotel. A phone message had been left at 4 pm to say that the hotel was closed at 5 pm on Christmas Day.. Once we entered the hotel we found that the room had not been cleaned with breakfast dishes untouched.
The manager and my relative did come to an agreement and she had £20 taken off the bill.
Since then I have written to the owner to register my dissatisfaction and disappointment in the experience and am still waiting for a response. We live close to the hotel but have no intention of recommending it in future.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank jcoutts
Somewhere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

|n an (extended) lifetime of travelling I have never stayed in a hotel that has such a universally helpful and friendly staff. They allow you forgive the short- fallings in the room. I will stay there again, (in fact our conference has re-booked for next year). ..

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

just been out to cults hotel for christmas lunch,first time in twenty years i havent cooked on christmas day,i was extremely impressed,from arrival, through the meal and at the end the pleasant and very hard working staff were first class 10/10 for them,as for the meal it was superb,turkey was soft and juicy as was the roast beef,only gripe and its an extremely small one was the gammon was a wee bit too salty for me but thats my taste and i never heard anyone complain,it was well worth the expense and we will be going back next year,,,so to the cults hotel a big thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

Its a real shame as this is a lovely hotel in a nice part of Aberdeen but the whole experience was really let down from the beginning of my journey when I checked in. The receptionist is one of the rudest people I have come across in a very long time. This I found out is well known in the village of Cults.

The experience got worse as I had customers over and we decided to sit in the bar for some drinks and where totally ignored by the bar staff getting to the point where I had to actually shout across the bar at the bar staff to be served having waited 15mins for a drink.

My wife flew up to join me for the weekend with her receiving the same treatment by the receptionist and having just checked out I poped out to get a coffee to find that the very same receptionist was laughing at my wife with one of the bar staff.

I am a frequent traveller to Aberdeen and used the cults for the 1st time this trip but will not be using this hotel again. I have already made my travel company aware how bad the service is and thanks to the awful attitude have lost out on lots of business.

In contrast the Hilton in Aberdeen while a little tired have some really amazing staff that really looked after me while I stayed in Aberdeen and will be getting all of my companies business for here on in.

In closing if you dont like dealing with people go work backroom where we dont have to see you.

Room Tip: dont accept room 8 as its tiny
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Akitasteve
Paphos, Cyprus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

On my last visit I was disappointed in the service and the food. One of the steaks had to go back because it was under cooked as my friend ordered it well done. The chips were cold do also had to go back. I felt the service and the quality if the food were not up to the usual standard. We also felt it was expensive and not as good value for money compared to previous visits. Hopefully this was just a bad night and our next visit wil be better.

• Stayed November 2012