Cults Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewscajun chickenno hesitation in staying here againbirthday partylounge barfor sunday lunchfunction suitethe breakfast areashower roomcomfy bedstayed here for nightsexcellent hotelafternoon teacity centreweecarverystoviesdee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2014

is very difficult to achieve in Aberdeen, as pretty well everywhere charges for Hotel rooms like it was Central London. Cults is no exception, and although I was not paying, I noted that the room rate (I was one of about 10 people on this booking) was £135. This astonishing figure is the equivalent in facilities of about £70-£80 a night anywhere else in Scotland - I know because I spend a significant number of nights away each year. Reception was unmanned when I arrived at 5pm. There was sign directing me to the Lounge bar. I struggled there with my baggage to be told to return to Reception for check-in! Have they never heard of bells in Cults? My room was in the thankfully adjacent Annex, up a long flight of stairs. Comfortable enough room, but poorly lit for my taste. Very nice bathroom & shower. Free WiFi. Good pint of Deuchars at the bar. Plenty of parking, some right outside the hotel. Staff mostly friendly, especially the breakfast waiter. Breakfast fit for heroes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend went to the hotel for an afternoon tea. It was the first time there and I was really satisfied. The table what we got was at the window, the environment was so romantic. The tray was full of delicacy, like tasty sandwiches, cup cakes, scones, pancakes...
I also ordered a cheese board. I have looked for this type of cheese board so long. There was a huges portion and more than delicious cheese selection on the plate.
We are definitely going back for a second round :)

Melinda and Máté

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lindoire
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I've been meaning to try the Cults Hotel for a while after hearing good things about the establishment. The bar and lounge area itself was pleasant, boasting a mix of old and contemporary design, however the food did not meet my expectations. I ordered a half round of fish with peas and 'fries'. The food arrived quickly, however when I cut into my fish the batter had not been cooked, leaving me biting into flour and under cooked fish! The waitress was friendly and took away my plate, apologised and replaced it. However by the time my replacement arrived my colleagues had finished their food. The batter had then been overcooked and the chips were tasteless! This may have been acceptable if discount had been offered when the bill arrived, however this was not the case and I was left to propose this to the waitress who then went to ask the manager. The waitress returned to the table and advised that the manager had approved a discount, charging me for half the meal. The menu is not cheap and I was left feeling very dissatisfied, hence to say I will not be returning. If customer service was their forte I shouldn't have had to ask for a discount.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Sophie B
Reviewed 12 December 2013

A pre Christmas meal with a charity group when we wished for something a bit more upmarket than the norm turned into a non event, the place is reasonably well appointed but is perhaps trying too hard, a bit expensive for what you get served and the service is pushy and a little chaotic. If you're a golfer you'll no doubt love the quirky menu but honestly, it's a lttle cheesy. It's a shame given it's reputation but the young staff do their best. Setting up the resturant for breakfast whilst the evening is still young is a fundamental error. Food is just ok, sadly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Lovely family hotel great for business. Nice little hotel with nice rooms and decoration in all areas. Nice food, although not value for money in the restaurant. Some work on portion size, and value is needed; quality good though. no where else around so taking advantage a bit. Staff friendly and helpful and bar prices not too bad.

Room Tip: great for a stay; eat out till better value.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business