“A welcome surprise”

and 1 more site!
Cults Hotel
Ranked #49 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my first visit to the Cults hotel and hopefully it won't be my last. The room was lovely, and faced the back of the hotel looking on to tennis courts and allotments so nice and quiet. The personal welcome note was very nice and the little extras such as green apples and mints were delightful too. The shower was excellent, good flow of water and simple to use. The young man who greeted me on my first night was very welcoming and the majority of the staff that I met were excellent. I would have liked one of the breakfast waitresses to explain to me about the buffet and I was very disappointed that there were no "rowies" which were on the menu but were absent on both mornings!!! (I had travelled several hundred miles for an Aberdeen roll too!!). Just a quick mention also in respect of the toaster which was absolutely useless!!!! You got a choice of warmed bread or burned bread. I have never found these types of "rolling" toasters a success in hotels, a simple toaster would have been much better. The vegetarian breakfast was good too although maybe a vegetarian sausage would have been a nice touch rather than just leaving out the meat items. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Aberdeen and I would certainly book it again on my next visit.

Room Tip: I think the rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Having our shared birthday lunch at the Cults Hotel restaurant was a wonderful experience the service and food was great. We all had something different and the 5 of us really enjoyed our visit.
I would recommend the Cults Hotel and we will definetely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Attention to detail brilliant, stayed at the annex to the Hotel and the spacious room was great, lovely handwritten note to welcome me, didn't get a chance to try out the restaurant as was going to a function, but the staff were extremely friendly and attentive at the Bar. Breakfast was delicious with a good range on offer, beautiful surroundings in the conservatory, again staff very attentive. Check out was like a breath of fresh air as Jordan was a lovely character, not like many hotels who rush you through check out. Will be back again with hubby in tow and will try out the restaurant next time.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We attended a Dinner Dance round the corner and needed somewhere handy to stay afterwards. The Cults fitted the bill exactly and was so easy to find, park and register. A nice touch is the handwritten welcoming note in your room. The bed was very comfy and the breakfast in the morning hit the spot.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Just spent two nights there. Yes £125 a night seems a bit expensive but i've spent more and got less in Aberdeen. A bit off the beaten track but on the whole a clean and pleasant place to stay. PS. Hope Kate gets her boiler fixed.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 22 January 2014

is very difficult to achieve in Aberdeen, as pretty well everywhere charges for Hotel rooms like it was Central London. Cults is no exception, and although I was not paying, I noted that the room rate (I was one of about 10 people on this booking) was £135. This astonishing figure is the equivalent in facilities of about £70-£80 a night anywhere else in Scotland - I know because I spend a significant number of nights away each year. Reception was unmanned when I arrived at 5pm. There was sign directing me to the Lounge bar. I struggled there with my baggage to be told to return to Reception for check-in! Have they never heard of bells in Cults? My room was in the thankfully adjacent Annex, up a long flight of stairs. Comfortable enough room, but poorly lit for my taste. Very nice bathroom & shower. Free WiFi. Good pint of Deuchars at the bar. Plenty of parking, some right outside the hotel. Staff mostly friendly, especially the breakfast waiter. Breakfast fit for heroes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend went to the hotel for an afternoon tea. It was the first time there and I was really satisfied. The table what we got was at the window, the environment was so romantic. The tray was full of delicacy, like tasty sandwiches, cup cakes, scones, pancakes...
I also ordered a cheese board. I have looked for this type of cheese board so long. There was a huges portion and more than delicious cheese selection on the plate.
We are definitely going back for a second round :)

Melinda and Máté