“Business trip”

and 1 more site!
Cults Hotel
Ranked #49 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

First time I've used this hotel. Haven't been disappointed by it. Wee welcome note and a couple of apples in room on arrival. A dish with mints in it. Food- I cant fault.. stuffed every night. Reasonably priced as well. Had a room looking on to tennis courts at the back of hotel. Quiet enough at night. Will deffo use it again for either work or personal trips. Rooms clean as well & modern enough.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The only downside for us was that the hotel isn't dog friendly. Apart from that, we had a lovely room: small but perfectly formed, lovely bathroom. The wedding reception was lovely, nice food, lovely wine, good service. Breakfast was really nice: good choice and good service.

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room on the back of the hotel if there's a possibility to avoid any e...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The sign on the door has three stars on it, and I reckon that's about right. Cults is a fashionable up-market suburb of Aberdeen, right on the main road to Deeside, so it's pretty easy to find even as a stranger. I got a parking space right at the front door, though it's very limited and it wasn't obvious where you might park if the spaces were all full. The hotel itself is a traditional building, and within the constraints imposed by that it's been reasonably refurbished and upgraded. The main drawback has to be the lack of a lift that is easily available to all guests: the facility that is there is only available for guests with proven disabilities, and appears to be pretty basic (more like a hoist than an elevator). The bedrooms are two floors up, so I was really pleased I only had one small case with me as there are no portering staff either so you have to carry your own stuff up the stairs. The room was fine and had obviously been decorated in the recent past, and both bedroom and bathroom were quite sizeable compared with some more recently built hotels. The main events suite is on the floor directly below the bedrooms, but even though there was a big party going on it all seemed to be pretty well soundproofed as I didn't hear a thing all night. The best bit of this place is the restaurant: both ambience and food were excellent, though dinner was of a far superior standard as compared with breakfast. My guess is that the restaurant is what keeps this place going, as it's obviously very popular with locals - and as a place to stay, I would categorize it more as a restaurant with rooms than a full fledged hotel in the usual sense. The staff were efficient, and one or two of them were even friendly. All in all, what you see is what you get, and on this occasion its location was ideal for the business I was on - though if I had an engagement in the city itself I would probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Theologyprof
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights last weekend, while visiting Aberdeen. The hotel was wonderful, my room was so clean and the bed incredibly comfortable; I slept really well (and wasn't at all aware of any traffic noise as mentioned in another review). The staff were all smiley and friendly, keen to help. Breakfast very good. I didn't eat dinner here but I understand it is excellent from my friends who live in Cults. I would definitely stay again. And there is a bus stop right outside the hotel which takes you into the centre of Aberdeen in about 15 minutes - and goes every 10 minutes or so, very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My family have dined in the Cults for 20+ years. I had my 40th there 1 (wink) year ago! It is (in my opinion) the best hotel in Aberdeen. NEVER have we left there with any complaint. Food exceptional, staff excellent, Great value for money! Try it, I promise you will agree!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were in Aberdeen for a wedding in Aboyne this was about the 6 hotel we tried for 2 nights it was last room , it was clean bed comfortable but did not get good sleep as this room was on the front of hotel room 12 the noise of traffic was very bad O.K if you need early rise 5.30. The breakfast was a choice we took full cooked breakfast first morning this was a mistake second morning took scrambled egg this was a mistake ,the staff were very friendly but understand now why we had to pay for room before they gave us the key.

Room Tip: Do not take room 12 as one wall is all glass which over looks the main Banchory Road very well trav...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne a
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had just the day we wanted: a fun and informal ceremony then a party with family and friends. We had just that - a great time had by all from the youngest (2 years old) to the eldest (84 years old) - great room, great service, great food - couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends