“Nature at its finest”
Review of Linn O' Dee

Linn O' Dee
Ranked #8 of 150 things to do in Aberdeen
More attraction details
Owner description: The Linn O' Dee gives unrivalled access to some fine examples of classic features of a Highland landscape: remnants of the ancient Caledonian pine forest, heather moorland and parts of the high Cairngorm plateau. Fifteen of the Cairngorms eighteen Munros can be found on Mar Lodge estate. The less adventurous can enjoy the short walk to the stunning gorge under the Linn O' Dee Bridge or explore one of our all abilities trails. The car park also hosts a seasonal information hut and toilet facilities. In accordance with our wild land policy trails are not way marked but you can download a trail booklet from our website or pick one up from the rangers office in the old estate stables.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nature at its finest”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

What a beautiful place to visit, I wanted to take the children out for the day and this place was recommended to me. I'm so glad I found it very tranquil surroundings, my kids loved it, something very different to do.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Steven C

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lin o' Dee”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A great site to visit for a short trip into the country. The whole river gets forced into a channel that is only a couple of feet wide resulting in some impressive rapids. The rapids are pretty scary just to look at especially in the winter months. Here is a video I took of it back in early 2013:

Visited May 2013
1 Thank EddyW2
Leeds, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nostaligia”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My dad came from Aberdeen and raved about this place so off we went to have a look, we weren't disappointed the only thing I would do to improve it is to signpost the loos as we didn't know about them till we went to turn around

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Heather C
Hobart, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Amazing rock structure carved by nature. Worth the drive to see this feature of the highlands. Really good for photos , my daughter took a stunning one in black and white which is on our wall at home as a reminder of this wonderful place.

Have a look you wont be dissapointed

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Stuart R
Hattoncrook
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

great views, nice to see it on different times of the year/seasons, great views and a nice spot for picnics...

Visited December 2012