“Great value and kids loved it”
Review of The Den & The Glen

The Den & The Glen
Ranked #27 of 152 things to do in Aberdeen
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Although the park dates from the 70s, the park and statues although clearly dated in parts, are well maintained. Great nursery rhyme themes which kids loved, awesome castles and some great playground rides like the rocket and wooden roundabout which brought back childhood memories. Also a few farm animals like pigs, chickens and sheep. The Den soft play area is great, very new, clean, spacious and the cafe is also very good. Has to be one of the best of these I've visited in Scotland and I've been round a few.

The best thing has to be the price - Glen and Den for a family of 4 for £15 - amazing value. We'll be back.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Having not been for about 30 years I was looking forward to walking around the place with my niece and nephew. Storybook Glen is in a brilliant setting and walking up to pay the reasonable admission I definitely remembered the castle entrance from my only other visit as a boy. The kids had a great time which is the real measure of the place but a lot of the characters are looking pretty worn and perhaps a lick of paint would liven the place up. The new kids soft play area at the canteen is great, allowing the wee ones a run around and a climb. All in all it's a great place to take children and is definitely a good time for the whole family.

1  Thank mitchattitude
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Have visited storybook glen a few times with my 3 year old son now.

The soft play is our favourite of all those around Aberdeen area.

As for the outdoor Glen I really think it's great. There is loads of space for kids to run around/ explore and they seem to really enjoy finding the various well
known characters and climbing to the top of the castles. Play equipment is good too.

All in all I'd say it's a great value outing for families with young children that is close to the city.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

having read some of the negative reviews wasn't sure what to expect but had a lovely day out at story book glen. Lots for the kids to see in the glen and plenty space for them to run around. Some of the characters a bit dated/run down but id imagine keeping things updated is a full time job! only criticism would be the highland cow which is need of some TLC - the pigs too! more could be made of the animals to increase the attraction of this place.
stopped in past the new soft play area before we left and the kids (3,4 and 5) had a great time there too. wasn't nearly so noisy as some of these places can be.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I visited storybook glen with my husband and two sons 3 and 3 months old plus our friend and her son who is 1. We had a brilliant day and really enjoyed it! The sun was shining and the glen is a total sun trap.I visited storybook glen when I was a kid and I did remember some characters.I like that they are a bit worn and do not 100% look like the characters.it adds to the charm and fun. While we were there they were painting some characters :) kids loved running around and we're so excited to see different nursery rhyme and TV characters.All the staff were lovely and helpfull and it wasn't expensive to get in at all. Entry also includes free play in the den - soft play which again kids loved.we had a late lunch in cafe and was lovely. We will definitely be back soon.