“Well worth a visit, burgers outstanding.”
Review of The Braided Fig

The Braided Fig
Ranked #51 of 726 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Central Aberdeen
Reviewed 23 May 2014

A colleague raved about this place and took me for an evening meal. This place has won a new convert.

Great cooking and great friendly service. Being family owned and run by two generations makes a difference.

The scallops I had as a starter were really among the best I've had in Aberdeen. The combo with Stornoway Black pudding showed flair and really worked but didn't detract from the wonderful sweet scallops.
I had a burger of wild boar and again it really showed care and skill. Too many restaurants think a burger is just something to churn out. Not so here where absolutely everything was just perfect.
Lots of other higher end choices on the menu.

We enjoyed a very nice wine and again they pride themselves on having good wines not readily available in supermarkets.

Services needless to say was excellent and friendly.

Ambience is great with a laid back casual feel. Tables well set apart and sofa/couch areas to unwind with coffee or wine.

This is one of the better places to eat in Aberdeen.
I will certainly be back probably as a regular like my colleague!

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great night here with 7 friends. A small deposit taken upon order. Staff were very friendly and helpful can't fault to service. The Bison was ok, a little dry for my taste, but the home cooked chips more than made up for it. Could happily visit again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food here is good and they put a unique twist to dishes made with good raw materials. It was bold but it worked: pieces of black pudding along the scallops, curried rice with the duck breast, etc.

1  Thank Dingen
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was in on Saturday 10th May for my fiancé's 30th birthday meal. I booked the table for 15 people for 8pm in advance for £5 a head. We arrived at 8pm but had to wait for friends, the staff were very accommodating waiting as we waited for our friends. Pretty much all of us had 2 courses, everyone was very happy with the food and all plates were delivered at the same time.
We also had a birthday cake which the staff took out for us and also cut up and served to our friends and family. No one was left with an empty glass and the staff were very courteous, professional and attentive.
Thanks to all the staff for a great night out

1  Thank defendertd5
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a small 'watering hole' that I frequently visit when in Aberdeen. Mainly a bar arranged around the actual 'braided fig', they do provide tasty snacks that go down well.